[FIXED] NPC birthday party before NPC is supposed to age

by ConSimmer98

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] NPC birthday party before NPC is supposed to age

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

one of sims got an invite to her daughters birthday party, but her birthday was no where near ready to age up . she still had 15 days to go. i know this party feature is new but this is a big bug that needs fixing   

Message 1 of 11 (2,139 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NPC birthday party before NPC is supposed to age

Hero

• Turns out, in the code, all non-played Sims are considered ready to age up at any time. Which means, whenever the code would say “I want to start an NPC hosted birthday party. Is there anyone available to host it?” The answer was always yes. Oddly enough, it also turns out that this was causing players non-played Sims to age up quite often if the player went to the birthday parties they were invited to. We’ve fixed the availability for non-played Sims to host their own birthday party to properly check against their age.

@ConSimmer98 Can you confirm for me if this issue is fixed for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (1,465 Views)

All Replies

Re: birthdays

Hero

I assume you have aging on and she doesn't live in the same household ?

For completion sake: Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,118 Views)

★★ Novice

yes aging is on and she inst in my household, i have a aging mod but it is only for teens and children.  

Message 3 of 11 (2,111 Views)

Hero

Still take the mod out to see if the issue persists. 

I need you to test on a vanilla game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,106 Views)

★★ Novice

I took it out, and started the load file before the event happened  and it still happened.  

Message 5 of 11 (2,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you upload your save game somewhere and PM me the link.

Just zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves

EDIT: Also changed your title a bit to better reflect the issue

@ConSimmer98

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,086 Views)

Hero

Added this. 

Guess the only workaround atm is to not accept birthday invitations from Sims you know are not supposed to age.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (2,056 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Don't know if it could really be considered a bug but, related to this... even when the aging is off for the neighborhood, your sims can be invited to birthdays and if they accept, the neighbors age.

Obviously the solution is not to accept the birthday invitations but, maybe they could prevent sims from aging even when you go to the party, or prevent the invitations when the aging is off?

Message 8 of 11 (2,022 Views)

Hero

That is not a bug. That was even mentioned in the patch notes Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (2,017 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Ops... *hides behind the table* Confusedmileyembarrassed:

Message 10 of 11 (2,014 Views)