Lost best friend status, can't get it back

by Lulzes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost best friend status, can't get it back

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

OK, this is a long and sad tale...

I started off getting married to my best friend Liberty Lee, but as I was homeless at the time (crashing at her place) we didn't move in together. I then went off and had an affair with Cassandra Goth, and my relationship with Liberty decayed . At some point I must have lost BF status with her. One day I was hanging out with Cassandra and bumped ino Liberty, who obviously got mad at me. It made me realise I really wanted her to move into my new house, so I broke off with Cassandra and Liberty moved in.

However I can't get BF status back with her, there's no option under Friendly for either of us. The problem is I now can't complete the Soulmate aspiration without using a cheat to finish the stage, and besides, I want my best friend back! Standard smile

UPDATE: I was able to fix this using a cheat (thanks /u/TwistedMexi!) but thought I should report this anyway. (To clarify, the cheat re-enabled BF status rather than just completing the stage of the aspiration).

Message 1 of 3 (947 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost best friend status, can't get it back

Hero

@Lulzes added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (954 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Lulzes added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Just an update, I've now tried to give my other sim (Liberty) the same aspiration, but it sticks at the same point (Be Married to BFF) even though her relationship with my other sim shows both Spouse and Best Friends.

I then used a cheat

Spoiler
aspirations.complete_current_milestone

to get past that, and the next stage has a requirement (Achieve Soulmate Relationship with Spouse) that also isn't updating correctly.

EDIT: OK, this is weird. I just embraced my spouse and the aspiration updated...

Message 3 of 3 (893 Views)