Sims won't change clothing

by katlove81

Original Post

Sims won't change clothing

★★★ Newbie

Hi people smarter than me!

I've been playing Sims 3 since the beginning without too many abnormal hiccups, but since installing the last few expansion packs (Seasons & Island Paradise), all my Sims have had trouble changing outfits. 

For example, switching from PJs to work clothes, they will just stand there and not do anything, trying to go outside they can't change into outterwear, or even changing clothes to get into the shower (but they had no trouble putting clothes on AFTER the shower Standard smile ) Even cancelling the action that requires them to change clothes will not unstick them. I would say this problem happens maybe 2/3s of the time. Sometimes after maybe an hr or 2 of gametime they will finally figure it out, but that's just not how it's supposed to work.

I just installed the update, but it didn't help and I had to quit the game because it wouldn't top saving. 

I thought the problem could be just the autochanging clothes but even when I click on the Sim to tell them to change outfits they still expirence this problem. To get them out of this problem, I have been using "resetsim" but it gets to be a hassle and is taking away from normal game play fun!

Has anyone else expirenced this problem of have any suggestions/solutions??

Please and Thank you!!

Message 1 of 2 (3,170 Views)

Re: Sims won't change clothing

Hero

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

Are you using custom content in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (3,161 Views)