Re: Sims 3 Launcher Problem - I can't uninstall anything from Custom Content

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 3 Launcher Problem - I can't uninstall anything from Custom Content

★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I am one of MANY simmers who have experienced countless problems after problems and for one i have had enough!

From looking on other forums and websites for solutions to each and every well known problem that occurs to us Simmers should make us all create a petition to protest against EAs lousy and lazy service! We should all have a job there considering we probably know how to fix most problems that occurs! 

Anyhow,

My problem is that recently i have uninstalled all my custom content and only installed some new content over the past two days, possibly a few houses and about 5 sims. I am aware that installing items from the sims rescource as well at the exchange its inevatable that i'll experience freezing, crashing and every other bloody problem. However, now that i know how to fix most problems due to years of playing and not giving up, i am now officially giving up. WHY?

Because as soon as i became aware of all the bad CAS parts and harmful/corrupt/dangerous files/objects/clothing that you SHOULD NOT HAVE on your computer/laptop and i finally knew how to uinstall it. I CANT ANYMORE! As soon as SIMS 3 LAUNCHER LOADS! i simply click on the custom content catogeory and guess what? the debug error occurs seconds after! AS IF I BLINKED AND IT APPEARED! now i am aware that alot of simmers have this problem in different parts of the game.. but in the Sims 3 launcher? really? when i really need to uninstall **bleep** just so i can play the most sacred yet hateful game of all time? when thats the only place im aware of that you can delete all of your unwanted content? Now i am stuck. I thought other problems that i had in the past were the worst i had experienced, but no. This is the most annoying, frustrating and WORST Sim situation i have been in. 

I simply do not know what to do.

PLEASE help me! 

I am one desperate Simmer...

please.

Message 1 of 3 (6,738 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

You probably got yourself some bad cc thourgh TSR and the Exchange. Houses and Sims are a dangerous thing to download from those places. They are full of cc and many of it is bad.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (6,718 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

What was the outcome?

Message 3 of 3 (5,022 Views)