Re: My sims won't go to university!

by Gardia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims won't go to university!

★ Pro

I need some help please. My sims won't go to university. I was able to send them the first time, they finished with the highest notes, went back home and now I can't send them again! I chose the sims that are going to university, the moving truck appears, they pull out their luggage, but then they don't enter the truck, the moving truck goes away, and they just stay at the front of the house. The game still loads to university but then they're not there to move into a house or a dorm, I only have available ''create a new family'' or ''chose a household to move in'' they aren't in the households to move in Frown

Message 1 of 15 (17,895 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Bug

Could you please answer the questions here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/655767.page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (18,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I sent one of the sims that I'm trying to send to university to France, arrived well, did some shopping, went back home, so no problems traveling. I'm wondering if this is happening because I changed the dorm that my sims stayed in the first time, I basically torn it down and built it back as I wished.

Which graduation? High School or University? High School no problems. University the only thing that annoyed me about graduation is that there were to many sims there so mine couldn't get in, I started resetting them, mine got in, came out, no problems. I invited friend and family but the family didn't show up, only the friends. 

About this solution:

''VenomixSim wrote:

1. Go to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves folder. 
2. Go into the save folder you are having the problems on. 
3. There should be two files, one package file and a NHD file with Sims University in the name. Delete both of these files, and you should be able to send your sim to university with no problems. 

The only thing about using this workaround is that if you have friends at the university already, it creates a new university, so the sims you meet at the new university will be duplicates, and will NOT have the relationships you had before.''

Will this eliminate the grades that my sims got on university the firs time? 

View in thread

Message 5 of 15 (18,804 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Bug

Could you please answer the questions here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/655767.page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (18,820 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

I've answered at that link, and also posting here.

- Are you using mods or did you do so before installing UL ?
No.

- Does your Sim use any cc, especially makeup ?
No.

- Are you playing a game you started before UL or did you start a new one ?
I'm playing a game I started before UL. Was able to send 2 sims together to university the first time, now I can't send them again.

- Are you playing with a fresh Sim or did you import one from the library ?
Playing with a sim from my saved game.

- Do you have World Adventures installed ?
Yes.

- Does your Sim have a High School diploma (either in the inventory or hanging on the wall, please specify which one)
Yes, in their inventory.

- Did your Sim attend the High School graduation ?
The first time they went to university, they had just become young adults and didn't attend the high school graduation yet (I didn't know there was one) so when they came back home after university, the next day they attended the High School graduation.

- Did you notice anything particular before your Sim went to University ?
Yes. They grabbed their luggage but they didn't get into the moving truck.

- How many Sims did you send ?

I've tried sending two, and I've tried sending just one. Doesn't work.

- Are you sending your whole household or only part of it ?
Only part of it.

- Does your Sim financial help and did he take the aptitude test ?
One Sim with full scholarship, one sim with partial scholarship, and one sim with no financial help at all.

- Did you have any issues with the llama arriving at your home lot and bringing over the bucket ?
Nope, he got there just fine.

- If you have WA, do you have troubles traveling there as well ?
Haven't tried traveling at this point. Want me to try?

Message 3 of 15 (17,848 Views)

Hero

Yes, try traveling.

Did you have any troubles with the Graduation ? Did you invite someone to that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (17,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I sent one of the sims that I'm trying to send to university to France, arrived well, did some shopping, went back home, so no problems traveling. I'm wondering if this is happening because I changed the dorm that my sims stayed in the first time, I basically torn it down and built it back as I wished.

Which graduation? High School or University? High School no problems. University the only thing that annoyed me about graduation is that there were to many sims there so mine couldn't get in, I started resetting them, mine got in, came out, no problems. I invited friend and family but the family didn't show up, only the friends. 

About this solution:

''VenomixSim wrote:

1. Go to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves folder. 
2. Go into the save folder you are having the problems on. 
3. There should be two files, one package file and a NHD file with Sims University in the name. Delete both of these files, and you should be able to send your sim to university with no problems. 

The only thing about using this workaround is that if you have friends at the university already, it creates a new university, so the sims you meet at the new university will be duplicates, and will NOT have the relationships you had before.''

Will this eliminate the grades that my sims got on university the firs time? 

Message 5 of 15 (18,805 Views)

Hero

Don't think so. That info should be saved with your Sim.

Make a backup before attempting.

Did you invite friends from the University of from back home ? And you did get your extra trait and the diploma from Uni, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (17,830 Views)

★ Pro

From home I only invited my family, the friends were from university. I got the extra trait because I got to level 9 on my social group. The diploma from university is supposed to be in their inventory? Cause if it is then I don't think that I got it, they only have the high school diploma in their inventory.

Message 7 of 15 (17,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Not sure but can't you have both traits (meaning a total of 7) ?

The diploma is slightly bigger and should be in your inventory.

Do the sims you invited from Uni show up twice in the relationship panel ? Do you have a backup before graduation you could load ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (17,796 Views)

★ Pro

I have 6 traits, the 6th I earned when I achived level 9 on the social group. They didn't give me the option to chose a 7th trait when my sims finished university. Nop, there's diploma in their inventory. One sim has the guests of graduation duplicated, the other hasn't. Normally I backup every save, but this time I forgot so I don't have a save right before they went to university, the only save that I have is from february 28, the expansion had not been released yet, both of my sims were still in high school.

Message 9 of 15 (17,774 Views)

Hero

Don't have any other suggestions atm.

I have a bugged double relationship savegame myself and was gonna try if I can save it with mods tomorrow. Don't know if you are opposed to mods or not but I'll update the thread at thesims3.com with my findings since we can't talk about them here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (17,760 Views)