Help !!! unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

by manarshouli

Original Post

Help !!! unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

★ Novice

since i installed Pets , i can't play the game at all .." and i'm sure i did every thing right "  ...
when i open the game from the launcher i get :"there was an error during startup. please see the Log for more details"

i tried to open it without the launcher but i got this : " unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)."

so i did this steps :
1. Uninstall the Sims 3 and any expansions/stuff pack i have installed
2. Defrag the harddrive
3. Restart my PC
4. Reinstall the Sims 3
5. Apply the Manual 1.55 patch
6. Install any expansions and/or stuff packs i have/want
7. Re-apply the Manual 1.55 patch
8. Copy the files in (# Crack)  from the Ultimate Fix to your C:/programs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and select "Copy and Replace" when prompted
9. Launch the game using the TS3W.exe file
and the error still there 

i have : "university life , ambitious , world adventure , supernatural , island paradise " ... but i tried to play the game before i install the expansions it didn't work either

about my system specs :

--(RAM) : 2.00 GB
--system type : 32-bit
--CPU speed   : 1.83 GHz

i'm getting desperate please i need to know whats wrong !

Message 1 of 4 (3,453 Views)

Re: Help !!! unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

Hero

I would uninstall what you installed in #8. That's not really that legal.

Did you clean out your registery before reinstalling the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (3,445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The game was working great for a long time .. until that error .. and the expansion (pets) i was installing was working befor ...

well i used (Your Uninstaller) program .. i thought it automaticly clean out the registery .. if not ,please tell me how to do it

i noticed some thing .. when i run the "Regedit" i find 2 files named with sims one of them calls (sims) and it contains files "The sims 3 and other expansions " ,,,,
and the other file calls (Sims 3 ) and it contains file "launcher"  , and every time i delete tha (sims 3 ) file it appears  back after a while ..

Message 3 of 4 (3,442 Views)

Hero

Follow the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Sometimes the registery has left over keys. That has been a Windows issue since they came up with the thing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (3,432 Views)