Sims 3 saved games lost

by mariashannon

Original Post

Sims 3 saved games lost

★★★ Newbie

I went to go play my Sims game today, only to find that that game and any other old saved games I had were gone, I then went to create a new family and continue playing but the game continued to give me a tutorial like I had just installed it. I don't understand what has happened. Please advise me so I can avoid this happening again.

Message 1 of 8 (12,179 Views)

Re: Sims 3 saved games lost

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

go to documents/electronic arts/the sims 3/saves see if the back up game is the saves folder

Message 2 of 8 (12,171 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Rum, I was thinking the same thing, but what happens if they aren't there? This is becoming quite a common problem. 

Message 3 of 8 (12,168 Views)

Hero (Retired)

hey hey andro Standard smile my fingers are crossed that the back up save is there if there are not it's start game , this is getiing more common recently i agree with you

so andro my advise to you at the moment is make back ups of your saves your downloads and anything else you can think of espically since IP will have an patch prior to release

Message 4 of 8 (12,166 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem though i had back up file for my saved games but they just didn't appear at all.Now my launcher doesn't open at all but i can play the game.I need the launcher for cc my eyes have become red cause i am all day in front of a screen trying to solve my problem :\

Message 5 of 8 (12,162 Views)

Hero (Retired)

the back file rename it carefully to for example SSV1.sims3.backup as it will not show up for playing name it to SSV1.sims3 as that is the play file save for the game granted you may loose some of the playtime as the back up is from the last save you made

i'll leave a message for crin about the cc items she may be able to help you there on that part

Message 6 of 8 (12,159 Views)

Hero

See if this helps you: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/09/error-saves-are-gone-options-are-reset.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (12,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am having the same exact problem, and none of the backups or saved games are in the folders... i just want to know how to fix the problem so that it will stop resetting my whole entire game over and over again.

Message 8 of 8 (12,122 Views)