Sims 3 -Sims not rendering

by iowndvc

Original Post

Sims 3 -Sims not rendering

★★★ Novice

Sims 3 Characters not rendering. The game is playing OK but it begins to slow down.  I have 3 resorts, and there are only a couple of Sims that show onscreen. My characters/family are rendering, but other Sims are not.  The resorts are showing fully occupied and they are making money.  There have been doors opening/closing by themselves, and my characters have had conversations with invisible Sims.  Sometimes a Sim is only partially visible, like feet with a floating head.  Some of the resort staff is invisible as well, there was a mop mopping the floor with no maintenance Sim in sight.  Is my computer just starting to get to be too old to run the program?  I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 8 Gb memory, Intel 2 Quad CPU 2.5 GHz, Display adapter is AMD Radeon HD 5770 

Message 1 of 4 (810 Views)

Re: Sims 3 -Sims not rendering

Hero

This is usually caused by corrupt outfits. 

If you're not opposed to mods, I would suggest to use either Overwatch or ErrorTrap for help with that as you seem to have quite a few.

Another option is to take those Sims to CAS and change their outfit but this can be a bit difficult if you don't know which ones they are.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hmmm. odd. Since it is happening to some resort employees as well, it would mean that maybe a hairstyle or hat style is corrupt?

Can the game pick styles from EPs that are disabled in the launcher, even though those EP were never in play for this particular game? it was a new game and I disabled a lot of EPs before starting.  

Message 3 of 4 (782 Views)

Hero

If it was a new game, it shouldn't but with Sims 3, you never know.

Here's a few tips: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-invisible-sims.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (772 Views)