Product code not accepted

by CathyTea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Product code not accepted

★★ Novice

I purchased Sims 3 base game and all expansion packs for PC. Now I have an iMac. I installed Origin on the iMac, and downloaded Sims 3. When trying to install Sims 3 on the iMac, the product code is not accepted. 

I am using the product code which Origin gave me for my game.

How can I proceed with the installation?

Message 1 of 3 (143 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Product code not accepted

★★ Novice

So I waited through chat, spoke with a great advisor who issued me a new product code. I registered it at the sims3 site, and my game is now downloading on the i-Mac! 

I guess there were some issues with early product codes for the base game. If the game was purchased pre-Origin, the product code doesn't allow multiple installations (which is what I was trying to do, loading it onto my i-Mac in addition to my PC laptop). 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (122 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

So I waited through chat, spoke with a great advisor who issued me a new product code. I registered it at the sims3 site, and my game is now downloading on the i-Mac! 

I guess there were some issues with early product codes for the base game. If the game was purchased pre-Origin, the product code doesn't allow multiple installations (which is what I was trying to do, loading it onto my i-Mac in addition to my PC laptop). 

Message 2 of 3 (123 Views)

Hero

Great to hear that you were able to solve your own issue

Could you please accept your post as solution so people know that this is sovled and what the solution was.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (111 Views)