Problem Uploading Sims

by Turtlshellz

Original Post

Problem Uploading Sims

★★ Novice

This may or may not have been asked before but with no apologies if it has I have to ask about a problem I seem to have recently encountered.

I have a number of sims that I have been trying to upload over the last two weeks. Everytime I upload the sims the launcher indicates that the upload was successful.  However no matter how successful the launcher thinks it has been the sims have not appeared in My Studio. Not a single one of them has. I just tried again this morning and still, nothing. All signs are that the program believes the upload a success. I would like to upload this sims. Hopefully someone out there can help me with this?

Message 1 of 10 (489 Views)

Re: Problem Uploading Sims

Community Manager

Do you get an error message when you upload your Sims?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 10 (476 Views)

Uploading problem

★★ Novice

Lately whenever I have tried to upload a sim to the exchange I run into a problem. The sim will appear to upload properly (the icon appears for instance indicating a succesful upload) but when I check my page there is nothing new there. Is there someway to fix this? I do like to share the sims I have created and really would like to continue doing so. 

Message 3 of 10 (475 Views)

★★ Novice

On the sims that the Launcher tells me are successfully uploaded (but never show up in My Studio) I do not get an error message of any sort. Just the notification that the sim was uploaded. 

Message 4 of 10 (466 Views)

Hero

Are you using any custom content in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (452 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I do use mods. Quite a few actually. 

I went ahead and removed all mods from my game and deleted all cache files and error trap (NRaas) from my Sims 3 folder as well before trying to upload again. Still, nothing happened. Even though the Luncher indicated that the files had been uploaded nothing showed when I checked My Studio. 

I have even tried uninstalling all downloaded sims that I have and then uploading the sims that I have created. Still no luck.

A final step was to click the "run without custom content' box in the launcher. I then tried uploading a single sim and recieved the uploaded symbol under status. Checking My Studio though resulted in the same thing: No new sim. 

To be honest I didn't have mych hope that the last two would help at all. I just wanted to try something. 

The last time I was able to upload was 04/08/2014. 

Message 6 of 10 (447 Views)

★★ Novice

A list of Mods that I use:

YAWN2150

TDPZ_Hacking_avaible_anytime

SimsMxZodiac

potionYoungAgain

potionStinkJuice

potionSleepingElixer

potionRadicalReparum

potionNinjaVanish

potionMoodEnhancer

potionLiquidEnhancer

potionImaginaryFriend

potionGhost

potionBladderFlow

NRaas*

NoIntroMaxis

JustAnotherSimsFan_InteractionQueuFits15_1.50

JJ_KickingGnomesAndFlamingolsVeryFun

JJ_HackingISVeryFun

JJ_CookingIsFun

JJ_CollectingBugsRocksMetalsGemsIsFun

JJ_CleaningIsFun

HiddenSkillsUnhidden

Electronic Gifts

CAS Mods*

Better Gifts v.1

2 Nano+RL+CAS+NLMummies_bots

*Indicates a merged file created with S3PE

Just thought I would include this for the sake of completeness. 

Message 7 of 10 (443 Views)

Hero

But just mods ? No hair or clothing or any of that stuff ?

I really don't know why that issue is happening to some. 

I would contact an EA Game advisor. Maybe they can check your account to see if anything is off with your account

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (439 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah I have hairs, clothes etc downloaded as well but I didn't list them as the list would have been ridiculously long (at least from my point of view). I will try to cxontact EA about this problem, though. Thank you for all of your help it's really appreciated. 

Message 9 of 10 (436 Views)

Hero

Yeah, didn't mean to for you to list them, just wanted to know if you do have that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (432 Views)