My sims 3 sims are unplayable completely

by Joydove

Original Post

My sims 3 sims are unplayable completely

★ Apprentice

My Sims face boxes that are supposed to be on the left of the page that shows the active sim and such are completely missing.  Sometimes they show up as empty boxes, and sometimes the babies are visual but nothing is playable.  Sometimes the sims themselves are missing.  Most of the time they are there, but stuck in the last position they were saved in.  Noises still occur.  The game loads fine, it is when the households load that there is the problem.  My family that is in the future (normal version) are playable like normal.  I dare not send them home though, I fear they will be like the rest of the sims.  I even created a new family, and they were fine until I left the town and loaded them back up.  They were there, but in the same state as I mentioned before, unmoveable and unclickable.

I fear I may have done this myself to my game.  I had a family that was stuck that I really wanted to continue playing a couple of days ago.  She was repeatedly giving birth, and I couldn't stop her.  So I did several things and finally the extra babies were gone and the last baby still there.  But the game didn't play right still.  So I edited nieghborhood and selected different families and then came back, but this issue arised from then on.

I also installed the new patch two days ago, and installed the new activities center for the arts that was half off on sale.  I installed a hospital too, for the family that I was playing since I deleted the existing one to try and stop the births (which didn't have any imediate effect.)  I am sorry to say that I may have wrecked my game.  In doing all of this.

I did not save my game before the installations either.  (Boo on me, I know.)

I will try the all in one's thred fixes tomorrow.  I don't know what else to do.  Has anyone herd of this before, or have suggestions as to what I should do?

Message 1 of 2 (1,133 Views)

Re: My sims 3 sims are unplayable completely

Hero

Sounds like your savegame corrupted

You might find some solutions going through this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Corruption/m-p/968290/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,121 Views)