[MAC] most recent update will crash right before completion

by stellar625

Original Post

[MAC] most recent update will crash right before completion

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

PLEASE HELP

I keep trying to update my sims3 game and the update will almost be complete then crash. i restart the launcher and it asks me AGAINConfusedmileymad: if i would like to update my game. same thing happens everytime. I did recently delete all of my sims game and expansion packs from computer and reinstalled everything because the game was not running well and they were fine until tring to install new update.

Also cannot upload and of the households or houses i created to my SIms3 account. Launcher crashes everytime.

Macbook pro

2.8 GHz intel core 2 duo

OS X 10.9.2

Sims3 version 1.66.2.024017

Sims 3

generations

pets

supernatural

seasons

movie stuff

island paradise

diesel stuff

showtime

master suite stuff

high end loft stuff

Message 1 of 3 (265 Views)

Re: [MAC] most recent update will crash right before completion

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

Make sure to use the mac patch.

I will also forward this to a mac helper. Maybe they have some other idea.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (259 Views)

Re: [MAC] most recent update will crash right before completion

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

If your game is already at 1.66, then updating to 1.67 might not be worth the headache, as it was a very small patch indeed. Having said that, if you do want to patch up-to-date then your best chance is the manual patch. I have posted directions for that below.

Regarding the other things you mention - you say that you recently uninstalled and reinstalled everything, so I am wondering if you cleanly uninstalled, including manually deleting the transgaming files? Directions for that also below. In what way was your game not running well?

Finally, when you say that you cannot upload to the Exchange, I'm afraid that is a recent problem affecting a lot of Mac simmers. Unfortunately many of us can no longer log in to the Launcher and attempting to do so simply causes it to close. I'm sorry to say that I don't know of any solution at this time, although some have reported that if they try repeatedly, sometimes it lets them log in.

Caspin

Uninstalling

When you uninstall TS3 games on your Mac using the uninstaller, the game leaves behind stray files and isn't completely removed from your computer. These files may conflict with future installations. It is best to completely remove them. BluebellFlora's website provides a guide on how to do this:

http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

After cleanly uninstalling, install the base game and patch it up to date. If you cannot update via the Launcher, download and apply the latest cumulative manual patch (called the superpatch) for Mac.

Check that your game works properly. Then install any EPs and SPs that you own, in order of release date.

Patching

Many simmers find that patching their game via the "Game Updates" tab of the Launcher does not work properly. It is then better to download and apply the manual superpatch. It is important to download the Mac version rather than the PC version, and to pick the right one for your region.

Instructions and the links to the downloads can be found in the Mac section of the forums at thesims3.com here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page

If you use any mods or custom content, be sure to remove them before patching.

Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)