Downloading Error: 196620:206

by fancypants28

Original Post

Downloading Error: 196620:206

★ Apprentice

I just purchased The Sims 3 World Adventures and Late Night through Origin, and it's not downloading. Whenever I try to download the game, I get the following error message:

"An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error 196620:206"

Background info, I'm running Windows 8 on a computer with specs slightly better than the recommended. Before I fired up Origin, I updated to the most recent patch. My sims 3 game is running on the latest patch. My internet connection is fine (DL: ~10 Mbps). 

I've already tried uninstalling my previous games and reinstalling them. I've tried restarting my computer and all of the normal routine 'this-isn't-working' stuff. I searched the forums and google, and found a couple of people having a similar problem with Battlefield 4. From what I have seen, no solutions have been reached. The other people were told to contact an EA live advisor, but none are currently available. The only other option was to make a post here. 

This is the second (and third) time I've had problems downloading a game from Origin. It's really really frustrating to spend money on games that I cannot download and play, so any of you have even the slightest clue as to what the problem causing this is, I would be very appreciative of your help.

Message 1 of 4 (4,704 Views)

Re: Downloading Error: 196620:206

Hero

Try if it works if you opt-in the newest beta version of Origin: http://help.ea.com/article/how-do-i-opt-in-to-origin-beta-updates

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (4,680 Views)

★ Novice

Any luck? I am stuck with the same issue... god I HATE origin so much. Wish EA would just go back to using steam.

Message 3 of 4 (4,405 Views)

Hero

Did you check your firewall and antivirus settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (4,402 Views)