Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

by lydiacooke

Original Post

Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone, for a long time now I have not been able to log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher. All of my details are correct; I can sign in online perfectly. I've tried changing my password and making a new account. I still can't sign in. I've updated/got patches for the launcher and for Origin. I've read the clearing my cache helps too? I've done that. Whenever I click 'Login' the small window just reopens. I put in my details again, click 'Login' and the window opens again. I've clicked and uncklied the remember my emai/keep me logged in but it still wont work. It's a very annoying problem; I can now download nothing from the Store because I have to log in to do so. It realy sucks that I can't get the additional content with a lot of my games. It wasn't always like this because I used to be signed in and could download things, but now I can't. Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (176 Views)

Re: Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

Hero

Which caches did you clear ? The browser or the game ones ?

Best is to clear the caches on Internet Explorer and also make sure that nothing is blocking the connection. You could also try to start the launcher as administrator.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (172 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cleared the Internet Explorer caches, and I'm pretty sure my connection is fine. What do you mean by starting the launcher as administrator? Thanks

Message 3 of 4 (166 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Right-click on The Sims 3 Launcher, and select 'Run as...' in Windows XP, or 'Run as admin' in Vista.

More info here https://help.ea.com/article/problems-patching-the-sims-3

Message 4 of 4 (164 Views)