November 13

by ikbenlein

Original Post

Accepted Solution

November 13

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi,  I have been having problems with my game sinds the november 13th patch.

The problem is that the w,a,s,d keys don't move the camera arownd in the game but instead the camera soort of zooms in and out, it is the same with the arrow keys.

I also can't move around with holding down the left mouse button and than omving the mouse, I don't realy know how to explain that better but just the way you could before. 

This kind of makes the game unplayable for me, so I hope there is a way this can be fixt.

also when I go in to first-person mode I see the teeth and eyes... just like you're looking at the inside of the face of a Sim but you don't see the skin.

so I don't know if that has annything to do with it but I thaught I would just mantion it.

I play my game on my laptop and i have laptopmode checked in the settings also my laptop does have al the requirements listed in the article about that, I don't know if it matters that I play it on my laptop but again I thaught I would just mantion it.

I hope someone can help me with my problem.

Message 1 of 12 (704 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: November 13

★★★ Novice
Hi, I started up my game tody, and had none of the issues I had bevore.
It is al little strange that it is suddenly gone becouse I had restarted my game yesterday, but it al works fine now so I am happy. I just hope the problems dont came back.
Thanks for all you're time and help.

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (602 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @ikbenlein

Are you using custom content or mods in your game ? If so, have you tried removing those ?

A lot of custom content/mods is outdated and needs updating. All script mods will need updating

Try removing everything and see if it then works.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (698 Views)

★★★ Novice
No I don't have any mods or cc in my game...
Message 3 of 12 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Mac or PC ?

Are you using sims 3 or Sims 4 camera ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (687 Views)

★★★ Novice
Pc I have Windows 10 and I use the Sims 4 camera
Message 5 of 12 (682 Views)

Hero

I don't usually use Sims 4 camera so had to try that but it all works fine for me. 

Can't try the FPC as I get really sick but there's a similar thread on that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/First-Person-mode-is-blocked-by-teeth-skull-hair/td-p/7165798 .. is that how it looks for you too ?

Can you try changing to Sims 3 camera and then back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (675 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes, that is axactly how it looks for me.
I will try to swich the camera’s an test it again Tomorrow becouse it is almost midnight here so I am going to sleep, but Thanks a lot for your help.
Message 7 of 12 (669 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi, I started up my game tody, and had none of the issues I had bevore.
It is al little strange that it is suddenly gone becouse I had restarted my game yesterday, but it al works fine now so I am happy. I just hope the problems dont came back.
Thanks for all you're time and help.
Message 8 of 12 (603 Views)

Hero

Happy to hear it's solved.

Maybe there were gremlins fixing it overnight :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (585 Views)

★★★ Novice
oke, so the FPC bug has returnd,I didn't see it this mornig, but I was really short in the game just to test it.
Now that it has returnd I have tried:
repairing the game, deleting my mods file and than repairing the game again and I also followed this guide on clearing chache: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php ,I noteced that I couldn't find a chache file, I did follow all of the other steps, than I repaird my game again an it still didn't work
Message 10 of 12 (548 Views)