by morbitsims

Original Post

Butler doesn't do assigned tasks in apartment

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a butler and command them to make meal, dismiss visitors, etc
What happens when the bug occurs? A pop up says that the butler could not do the command until they're done with their current action
What do you expect to see? Butler should perform the action I tell them to
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi! I haven't played with butlers since the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack came out, but now I play with one in a family.

Every time I ask the butler to perform an action like cook family meal, cook a party meal, clean up etc I get a pop up saying they can't do it as they're performing another action currently, even if they're standing around doing nothing. They don't autonomously clean up. The only thing they do autonomously is attend to minors and repair objects. They do go to bed when I tell them to, though.

I've gone through three butlers and had the same issue with every single one. I play in San Myshuno, in the 888 Spire Apartments penthouse. They have a bed and a good relationship with my sims. I didn't experience this issue last time I played with them when the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack first was released.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 8 (4,557 Views)

Re: Butler Issue

Hero
Could you try if you get the same issue in a house/different apartment ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (4,544 Views)

★★★ Novice

I moved the household to willow creek and the issue stopped! I guess it's an apartment thing. The issues I have now are ones I've seen other people report here, like the butler changing when I launch the game.

Message 3 of 8 (4,504 Views)

Hero
Does it happen in a different apartment too ? Some issues seem to only happen in some apartments.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (4,496 Views)

Hero

Hi @morbitsims

I just tested this on my own game and have no issues. Tried to apartments. 

Do you have issues again when you move back ? Did you rearrange stuff in the apartment ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (4,435 Views)

Hero

Tagging @morbitsims for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (4,394 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (4,364 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi, I'm also having the same issue with the butler. I've moved houses, changed butlers, and reported to EA. I've had the issue since the update before this last one on Playstation 4
Message 8 of 8 (4,324 Views)