[OPEN] NPCs leave immediately for Social Events/Invites (Invited by me)

by NotCacti

Original Post

Re: NPC Sims Leave after Arrival

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Thanks for your reply! Yes, more than likely so. It would be nice if those sims wouldn't be available to travel with if they are unavailable. That's the reason for this bug report.
Message 11 of 29 (699 Views)

Re: NPC Sims Leave after Arrival

Hero
@MzMelonz It's always been an issue though and there are other reports (aka no different from the date).

I need to look for other threads later and will probably merge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 29 (679 Views)

Re: NPCs leave immediately for Social Events/Invites (Invited by me)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just ran into this glitch. I am playing a sim that lives in Henford on Bagley (Cottage Living). He asked the pub owner of the Gnomes Arms on a date and almost immediately upon arriving at the restaurant for the date, the date automatically cancels and the NPC Sim (his date) vanishes. I tried twice at that location and then once at a different location and the date just keeps immediately canceling. Neither sim is a vampire. I've never seen this before....?

Message 13 of 29 (606 Views)

Dates are ending early and date specific aspirations not counting

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am currently playing on a new save I have mods enabled but nothing to mess with these two things, when I ask someone on a date we go to the location and I start doing the required tasks but it does not tick off then after about 30 seconds it ends and I get a bronze medal and if I need that date for an Aspiration 9 times out of 10 it won't count towards that. 

I am playing a vampire teen if that helps in anyway? 

Message 14 of 29 (539 Views)

Re: Dates are ending early and date specific aspirations not counting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Try dating someone else. This is a problem that I've only experienced with certain characters, such as the college professors from Discover University and the bar owner from Cottage Living. I don't play Teens very often, so I don't know which Teen characters might be affected, but I think most Teens should be okay. I don't think it's because you're playing a vampire.

You should also be aware that mods sometimes affect things they weren't intended to affect. Don't rule them out as the cause of a problem until you've tested them.

ETA: Sounds like playing a vampire teen might actually be the problem, after all.

Message 15 of 29 (531 Views)

Hero
@SimSimmer99 Merge with existing thread but theres also specific reaxhsons so is your vamp a teen?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 29 (518 Views)

★ Guide

This is still happening and it's definitely not just vampires or teens. And it's not just dates. I recently played Strangerville and my Sim was dating the librarian NPC. Every single time he would either travel with her to the local bar, or go to the bar and then invite her to hang out from there, she'd arrive and then immediately leave. If my sims invite the NPC sim to their house and hang out there, they'll stay for a while, but any public lot seems to cause the NPC sim to leave immediately after arriving. Very frustrating.

Message 17 of 29 (468 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPCs leave immediately for Social Events/Invites (Invited by me)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is still happening and it is soooooooo frustrating! I'm playing a sim and he went to a bar and invited a NPC sim he's romantically involved with to join him on the lot (so not a date or any kind of formal social event, and neither one of them is a vampire or teen). She keeps trying to leave after every single social interaction. It's not late (it's only 8pm in the game) and I even cheated all her motives to full in case that's why she keeps trying to leave. Nothing helps. I reset her, they do one social interaction and she tries to leave again. It's become almost impossible to interact socially with NPCs in the game. (P.S. - Her NPC job in my game is a Nanny.)

Message 18 of 29 (338 Views)

Re: [OPEN] NPCs leave immediately for Social Events/Invites (Invited by me)

★ Guide

I am having this issue suddenly. PS5. I went on a date for Love Day, they were there for a few seconds and then just left. I traveled with a Sim to Tomarang and he just left. I only ever had this problem if my Sim specifically was asked on a date and accepted, now it seems it's both being asked and asking. Also when not a date at all. They are 2 teens. I'm also noticing that when asking someone to Prom and then showing up at Prom, the Prom date is never there. It's like they stand up my Sim and then get resentful about Prom (both Sims even though the asked Sim didn't show). 

Message 19 of 29 (260 Views)

Re: Date/ Event cancelled early

★★ Novice

I suddenly have this issue too. I just installed the expansion Get Together and the bug appeared. First there was the "infidelity in front of the loved one with no consequence" bug and now this. I am becoming tired of paying for a game that has bugs nobody at EA cares enough about to solve.

Message 20 of 29 (165 Views)