[OPEN] NPCs leave immediately for Social Events/Invites (Invited by me)

by NotCacti

Original Post

[OPEN] NPCs leave immediately for Social Events/Invites (Invited by me)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Cottage Living, Vampires, and the free Holiday pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create two sims (or one sim and an existing sim) and make them date. Ask them on a date via the phone and it bugs.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of two things can happen 1 - There is a yellow sparkly ring around the middle of my screen 2 - I speak to the date and the event cancels, no badges.
What do you expect to see? Me being able to ask people on a date.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm stuck on the serial romantic aspiration part of Generation two of the Not So Berry Challenge as dates start to automatically cancel, does anybody have anything that can help me?

The date leaves instead of it cancelling for the second thing that could happen*

Edit By Crinrict: No changes, just fixing the template.

Edit by Crinrict: Merge a few threads, adjusted title to be more general about social invites in general

Message 1 of 29 (4,435 Views)

Re: Dates automatically cancel (Invited by me)

Hero
@NotCacti To be sure as there are several reasons causing this: You did test multiple Sims ? There's no Vampires involved ? Different time of days ? (It's 1 am in your picture and usually Sims don't come at that time of night).

Certain Sims can't be invited and there's also a known issue for teen vampires (although they usually work at night and your pictures shows that it's 1 am.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (4,370 Views)

★★★ Novice

No vampires. I also tried at 9 AM but that did not work either.

I tried using the twin of the sim and it's worked with speaking to them. But not on the phone.

Any invitation seems to be cancelling for the original heir so thank you for recommending that I use another sim.

Message 3 of 29 (4,342 Views)

Hero
@NotCacti The Sim that doesn't work was ingame born ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 29 (4,332 Views)

★★★ Novice

When you say that, do you mean that the sim was born by another sim? If so, yes.

Message 5 of 29 (4,299 Views)

Hero
@NotCacti Yes. So not created CAS or downloaded from the gallery and not some random townie (they often have issues depending on their traits)

Wonder what makes the Sim not able to invite anyone out then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 29 (4,294 Views)

Date/ Event cancelled early

★★ Guide

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, All GPs except Star Wars, All SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask a Sim on a date.
What happens when the bug occurs? The date ends very shortly after it starts.
What do you expect to see? I expect the date to last the full clock circle duration, unless I specifically cancel it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure if this could be the cause, but I asked a vampire sim out on a date during the daytime and she is not part of the household. They were already hanging out on the lot where the date was set for.

Message 7 of 29 (4,522 Views)

Re: Date/ Event cancelled early

Hero
@Jessycaz Is it a teen or adult vamp ?

Do others work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 29 (4,489 Views)

NPC Sims Leave after Arrival

★★★★ Guide

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SDX Base 14.0 latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, DO, Spa, CL, VG, JA, Pets, DU
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This is similar to the date glitch when inviting sims and they leave immediately. I’ve played several different households and when inviting sims out via travel, they show as available in travel mode, but upon arrival the several sims have left immediately and there is nothing my sim can do to keep them at the location. The only time this is successful is if I invite a sim over to the active sim’s house. At the house they will stay for a couple of sim hours. If I travel with them, they will leave immediately.
What happens when the bug occurs? Invited sims leave immediately after arriving to a travel location.
What do you expect to see? I expect that if a Sim is available in travel mode, once we arrive they will not leave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.

N/a

Message 9 of 29 (4,131 Views)

Re: NPC Sims Leave after Arrival

Hero
@MzMelonz Does it depend on the Sims you invite ? There are a few that can't really be invited to anything. Depends on their job + a few specific NPCs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 29 (4,096 Views)