[NEEDS SAVES] Plants revert to dirt pile (Patch 1.101.290) - Inconclusive Cause

by Uigenna

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Plants reverting to Dirt Piles

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Let me grab a test save and see what I can do. I’m trying to remember and think the lemon/sage thing happened more than once, but let me confirm.

[edited to add]

Okay, based on the test save it’s intermittent at best. Er. I grabbed literally the same plants out of my library and tossed them on Oakenstead, although the original issue happened on Hounds Head, and I couldn’t reproduce it in the test save.

Sorry! I know intermittent is THE WORST for debugging! I’ve moved to a new household (rotational player) in the save where it happened before but I guess I could pop in without saving?

[edited again]
Of course, when I want it to bug out, it doesn’t! Again, I do know that intermittent is THE WORST.

Message 11 of 97 (740 Views)

Gardening Bug Still Not Fixed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Frequently
What is your current game version number? 1.81
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown
What happens when the bug occurs? The gardening plants still periodically stop producing, losing multiple interactions like "Take Cutting", and revert to soil if Reset Object used
What do you expect to see? Plant continue to produce daily without breaking.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Console - Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It's been a persistent problem for years, but the latest patch only slightly altered it, contrary to what the patch notes implied

According to the patch notes, plants would no longer revert to soil while in-season. This was like putting a bandaid on a broken leg. It's just the superficial part of a much larger problem. On a regular basis, the plants fail to produce what they're intended to grow and their interaction options reduce to a basic 4, losing things like "Research" and "Take Cutting". The only temporary fix is to use debug cheats to restore their Growth Stage. The patch notes implied it had been fixed, but it was only really covered up at best. It's long overdue for this to be fixed for real, once and for all.

Message 12 of 97 (634 Views)

Plants still reverting to dirt piles

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.101.290.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs but the kits. But right now I re-discovered the bug playing with only Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some plants becomes dirt piles suddenly.
What do you expect to see? Normal plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I always like to play with gardening and when they said it was finally fixed in the 1.101.290/1.81 patch I was happy. But right now I am playing with only the base game + Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work installed and first it appeared that the plants were all ok, no bugs, but in the second in-game week I evolved some plants in the morning and at night while my sim was sleeping some of them reverted to dirt piles.

I planted: mushroom, parsley, basil, sage, daisy, bluebell, chrysanthemum, snapdragon, lily, carrot, spinach, banana, grape, strawberry and apple all in the same day in the beginning of the first week.

In the end of the first week I fertilized them all with lilies.

My sim travelled to Granite Falls in the beginning of the second week (sun-wed) and right after she came back I planted tomatoes and onions. Didn't fertilize them.

In the wednesday of the second week (after coming back from Granite Falls) all the plants but the basil and the spinach (and tomatoes and onions because I didnt fertilize) were ready to evolve and I evolved all of them.

Thursday around 3 when my sim were sleeping the following plants became dirt piles: basil, sage, daisy, bluebell and chrysanthemum.

I have the save file from the moment I noticed this.

Message 13 of 97 (626 Views)

Hero
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Moved your money tree post over but going to leave your new posts here for the moment in case you want to do some more testing.

If you're done with testing, i'll move it over to the inconclusive post (probably where most posts are going to end up anyways).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 97 (707 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello!
To test gardening, I started a new game. Set the time of year - spring. I planted plants. I played for six days. On the morning of the sixth day, most of the plants were shed down to a pile of earth. The day before I fertilized the plants.
I have all the packages installed.
My Sim was in his home lot.
I've never used mods.
These are bluebell, chamomile, sage, taro, peas, basil, apple tree, chrysanthemum and bell pepper.
I haven't noticed any other problems with gardening.

Message 15 of 97 (667 Views)

Hero
@akulinajenya Did you travel at all or just stay on the home lot the whole time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 97 (652 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict On this day my Sim were at home. But on the first or second day my Sim went to a bar.
Message 17 of 97 (643 Views)

Hero
@akulinajenya If you are willing to test stuff, could you test if they revert if you just stay on the lot all the time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 97 (640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I played one more day. My Sim stayed at home. Plants are growing. I will continue to monitor and stay at home. In two days summer will begin.

upd: Continuation of the same day. While I was harvesting, the chrysanthemum became a pile of earth.

Message 19 of 97 (620 Views)

Hero
@akulinajenya Do you get any lastexceptions with that at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 97 (599 Views)