[NEEDS SAVES] Constant phone calls and text messages

by lululocket95

Original Post

Re: constant phonecalls and text messages

Champion

This has gone into overdrive after the most recent patch at the end of November which introduces the new feature of being able to influence friends and neighbours.

My sim doesn't have the aspiration to be a confidante but she's getting too many calls from very distant acquaintances asking about input into their personal decisions. She's only just been created so has a neutral reputation and only knows about 10 Sims. The phone started going crazy on day 2 of her existence.

So that adds to the constant requests to visit, etc, that they already got. I know I can ignore them but it slows gameplay. It's really irritating.

I'm on console so can't share saves.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 11 of 43 (2,561 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Constant phone calls and text messages

★★★★★ Expert
@lululocket95 It's really annoying. In my save, my sim is a wizard and he keeps getting the same message inviting him to duel in the magic realm. Not to mention messages wanting to hire him for a job. I could understand it if my sims were unemployed, but they aren't, so it's really a nuisance.
Message 12 of 43 (2,510 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This latest patch that introduced "story progression" just made the game crazy

The mother of my main Sim died and became a ghost. We lived in a completety different houses and I don't even have her tomb or urn, and she is not in the household anymore...

But as a ghost she just asked me if would be a good idea to have another kid and I was like?????

Is this really a thing?

Next time I'm gonna print this because it's hilarious

Message 13 of 43 (2,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'm sure there was a cut off time introduced for calls a while ago but that's not happening. My famous Sims get calls and messages non stop from before 7am right up to near midnight. I silence the phones but still find it impedes gameplay speeds and is generally an irritation.

Perhaps phone options would help. So people can choose or block call types, a bit like the no trespassing options on the front door. Or even a reward points kind of remedy, like the quirk-begone. As in here you go love, knock this drink back and randoms will forget your phone number!

Edit: (January) I've just created a shipwrecked Sim to do the money scenario. He knows absolutely nobody, no possessions on an uninhabited island in an as yet uninhabited part of Sulani. His phone immediately starts ringing with spam calls. Bess Sterling and her phone scam, clubs asking him to join. I've got him fishing and foraging and dismissing annoying calls at the same time. Already had to put his phone on silent. He's then said hello to a few conservationists as he was desolate with loneliness. Then the calls get out of hand with random people he's said hi to, ringing to ask about life decisions. I hope this can be patched soon. If not, a simple added control feature on the phone, a reward trait, game options, anything. It's got so much worse since adding Eco Living and the neighbourhood stories feature. Some tasks like fishing I play on triple speed but the calls disrupt that.

Message 14 of 43 (2,442 Views)

Sims 4 Constant phone calls and text messages

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Courtyard oasis, island living, luxury party, laundry day, snowy escape, vintage glamour, nifty knitting, jungle adventure, realm of magic, bowling night, cats and dogs, my first pet, outdoor retreat, country kitchen, throwback fit, toddler, dream home decorator, fitness, romantic garden, dine out, movie hangout, discover university, gnome on the go, perfect patio, spa day, kids room, industrial loft, parenthood, backyard, Strangerville, Moschino, animal hats, tiny living, city living, get famous, life of the party, get to work, up all night, cottage living, get together, seasons, cool kitchen, grims guitar, Incheon arrivals, fashion street, blooming rooms, paranormal, eco living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens many times during a normal Sim day. You can't miss it as the phone never stops.
What happens when the bug occurs? Constant phonecalls, messages, calls making comments on life developments, friendships, calls asking for money, excessive calls about meeting up, visiting. Sometimes they are inappropriate for example married Sims being told a friend wants to set them up with someone, even by a relative. For celebrities or Sims with higher reputation it's constant job offers and charity requests. Sometimes one call changes into another call from someone else. It's 24 hours a day. With my current Sim she gets the same person ringing her twice a day or more asking her for money to fund her entrepreneurial venture. She rings in the daytime and then again between 3am and 4am. Then sometimes again at about 6am. I'd delete her but it's her (NPC) sister. Sometimes it's just been to tell her about a simstagram meme but it's usually always for more cash.
What do you expect to see? It's excessive, it needs to be toned down. I didn't actually fully realise it was a bug, I thought it was by design for a while but recently it's going on through the night and I'm sure I remember an update a while ago that stopped calls late at night. Even if the cut off time could be fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It has become much much worse since installing Eco Living. It's really interfering with gameplay. I put the phones on silent but it still slows the speed down and I get sick of dismissing the calls. It was bad enough for famous Sims but the phones are ringing off the hook in Evergreen Harbour. I've got a Sim crafting items for a shop and I'm playing on double or triple speed while she's working, but the phone is causing problems.

Sometimes it's daft prank calls too, there is absolutely no point to these. I think 2 or 3 calls a day max is just about acceptable.

Edit: This is now really spoiling the game. My Sim just got a call from his girlfriend saying she'd found a ring in a bag belonging to her boyfriend Lewis and asking his opinion...but he's Lewis!! I just dismissed it but then calls started saying congratulations on getting engaged!! I'm going to be ignoring these daft calls after this, even though they go on all day.

Message 15 of 43 (2,451 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Constant phone calls and text messages

★★★★★ Expert
@simsplayer818 There's already a bug report here
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Constant-phone-calls-and-text-messages/m-p/1025106...
The Devs are requesting save files to investigating this issue. And don't forget to click Me too in the first post.
Message 16 of 43 (2,437 Views)

Champion
@GiardiniDiMarzo Hi there, yes I'm on that thread already. That's where my report was added but for some reason it's gone solo.
Message 17 of 43 (2,398 Views)

Hero
@simsplayer818 I merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 43 (2,384 Views)

Champion
@crinrict much appreciated, happy new year!
Message 19 of 43 (2,372 Views)

Too many phonecalls (even when the phone is silenced)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I don't own some kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, have your sim have a few friends and family members. =)
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims still get a ridiculous amount of phone calls even after the last patch and turning the phone to silence doesn't seem to help.
What do you expect to see? Fewer phone calls, especially when the phone is put in silent mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Even after the latest patch that introduced the neighbourhood stories, I still get a large number of phone calls from my sims' friends asking about whom they should ask on a date or befriend. I got my sim's brother (who was living in another household) congratulating my sim on becoming good friends with their other sister, I have had household members who were on a different lot than my active sim call about some decision, I have had guests on my currently active lot (while they were clearly asleep on my screen) call my sim to ask them out on a date   ... and all this happens no matter if the phone is silent or not.

In general, I expect only calls from the school (Parenthood) come through when the phone is on silent. I'd prefer, it if many of the calls would be replaced by postcards, such as death, birth and moving notifications. Those could be cute items, that one could pin to the corkboard and if my sims' hamster can send them a postcard, so should their friends.

I'd also prefer it if instead of calling and asking a question (about dating and such) over the phone, sims would schedule a meeting, something in the line of "I would like to talk to you about something, can we meet tomorrow" and you'd get an option to place the meeting as an event in the calendar. This way you could actually meet your friend and have something like one of those jungle adventure type stories with them, in which the dialogue options depend on what your sim knows about the other sim. For example, if the friend is asking about having a child and your sim knows the other sim to be ambitious, they could remind them of what a baby might do to their career. I generally like the jungle adventure/ fame career prompt type chat windows better than the phone calls, because they create a mood for the situation. They could also be nice additions to the "socialize with coworkers" flavour of normal careers. You know, breakroom chat.

What I currently like best in regards to story progressions are the chat options your sim has to meddle in their friends' lives, such as encouraging to pursue their dream job, extending the family or hooking them up with someone. Those seem most fleshed out because the answers depend on the relationship as well as the other sim's traits and they are more part of gameplay than interrupting it. (Though I am surprised for how many sims flipping burgers seems to be their dream job)

Message 20 of 43 (2,249 Views)