Lags way too much after the new expansion pack for rent.

by isabelleangelina

Original Post

Re: Lags way too much after the new expansion pack for rent.

★★★ Apprentice

I just want to provide another update. It is now affecting all kinds of build and buy mode, on normal residential lots and and rental lots. If I want to recolour something for example, the game completely freezes for 5 seconds before the object changes colour. 

Message 31 of 54 (1,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This was really noticeable for me. I am aware that the game lags when entering bb modes or live mode, but even doing the trick to relieve the lag doesn't work. I'll try painting a wall and it will suddenly get laggy. After the wall gets painted, it will be better, but the action of painting the wall makes it lag. I'm not much of a builder (I like building from time to time, but it's not the primary reason I play the game). This lagging in the game makes building less fun and more annoying as it takes longer to do things than what it should do. I really hope this gets fixed as I want to build a couple more units on different lots for my property owner.

Edit: I was in build mode and everything seemed fine except that I suddenly couldn't delete something. I exited build mode and reentered it. Still having an issue. Eventually I found out that my game froze. I can open the menu, open build mode, open the calendar and change the time speeds, etc. When I click on things, it only makes the clicking noise but no options pop up. While I can change the speed, it is stuck on pause. This is something I first noticed with Growing Together, but I've never had it happen while I was doing build mode. I didn't get a chance to save, so all my progress is going to revert and I will have to redo everything in the past 2-3 hours...

This screenshot shows how despite it saying that it is in normal speed, the game is still paused. I cannot click on anything nor switch sims.

12-10-23_12-19-21 PM.png

Edit 2: Here is a video of what I am experiencing right now...

Message 32 of 54 (1,139 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can notice this too. Not as bad as others in the thread thankfully but my pc is pretty beefy. There is still noticeable lag when clcking on many objects and in game interactions or menus. One of the worst for me is fridges. Seems really clunky whenever you click on it and takes like a half a second to load the pop up menus.

Message 33 of 54 (1,031 Views)

★★ Novice

Idk if it will help anyone but this was happening to me as well. I mainly use build/buy so it was super frustratiung, but I've fixed it on my PC by doing the following...not sure which was the final solution but this is what I did (after backing up save file):

-deleted localthumbcache

-updated Windows

-updated my drivers

after I did that and restarted my game/PC everything worked fine, no more lag for me (and that's also with several mods re installed).

Message 34 of 54 (955 Views)

For Rent Lag

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? For Rent, City Living, Get to Work, Seasons, Vintage Glamour, Holiday Celebration, Eco Lifestyle, Get Together, High School Years, Get Famous, Island Living, Growing Together, Cottage Living, Discover University, Cats and Dogs, Modern Luxe, Home Chef Hustle, Industrial Loft, Snowy Escape, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing in live mode as well as build/buy
What happens when the bug occurs? There is an extreme lag that did not exist before I downloaded For Rent. The lag occurs in live mode as well as build/buy mode, CAS seems to be fine. There is a lag occurring when placing objects, building walls, adding paint/wall coverings, in live mode clicking on anything to give an action item to my sim also creates a lag. The lag is around 2-15 seconds, it is extreme and makes the game unplayable for me unfortunately.
What do you expect to see? I would like the lag to go away. I would like to place items, build items and give my sims action items with no lag.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the For Rent expansion pack and then the lag started to occur.

There is an extreme lag that did not exist before I downloaded For Rent. The lag occurs in live mode as well as build/buy mode, CAS seems to be fine. There is a lag occurring when placing objects, building walls, adding paint/wall coverings, in live mode clicking on anything to give an action item to my sim also creates a lag. The lag is around 2-15 seconds, it is extreme and makes the game unplayable for me unfortunately.

Message 35 of 54 (942 Views)

★★ Novice

I don’t have Sims 4: For rent installed and the problems that are mentioned in all of these posts are happening to me too; ever since the update my game has been very laggy in build mode

Message 36 of 54 (912 Views)

★★ Apprentice

roduct: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? US/EN
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.315.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but CAS kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play this mongrel of an expansion pack for 5 seconds. I don't think anyone on your QA team bothered to. This occurs in build/buy mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Hiding/Unhiding units produces UNTOLD lag. This is WITH the hotfix. Lots with more than 6 units are not possible to manage owing to UI lag.
What do you expect to see? A company worth $37bn dollars selling a product that works the first time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Disabled since pack launch, NONE.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, issues began with 1.103.250.1020
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought another one of your DLCs, my mistake!

Hotfix seemingly didn't fix the lag, or rather, the lag now presents in more obvious ways through other means (UI interactions vs wallpaper/paint). As an aside I turned my graphics settings to the lowest, turned off the unit outlines and hide units that I'm not currently building in or otherwise using. I reuse a common wall and floor texture to minimise engine resource usage. I try to stick to Base Game for as much of the build/buy as I can, save for a few wall textures for variety sake. Turning the graphics settings down helped marginally, but nothing else seems to. 

I hate to be rude (wait, no I don't) but did EA cost-cut QA from the Maxis team or something? I don't get it. These are fantastic pack concepts being let down by half-baked "launch it now, patch it next tuesday" Bethesda logic.

Message 37 of 54 (780 Views)

Post Patch Lag

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.315
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? LAAAAAAG
What do you expect to see? no lag
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the third for rent patch

LAAAAG due to the FOR RENT Patch (third For Rent Patch)

i wanted to make a new thread regarding the lag since the game got ridulously slow after adding this latest patch

things i did:

i updated the EA app

i repaired my game

i rebooted my computer

i am playing a simple no mods game and it takes 10 seconds for objects to show their menus

i am playing on a gaming laptop with 58 packs installed and no mods I do not have For Rent and i would not be bug testing a simple game but for the fact the EA app without my permission updated my game (I was repairing the game when the second For Rent patch dropped and to my dismay EA overrided my setting for manual updates)

Message 38 of 54 (773 Views)

Re: Post Patch Lag

★★★★ Apprentice
@PeopleMatterMore i see i have been added to an older thread about lag

i do want to point out the issue with my lag was triggered by the latest patch and not bc of curved walls for ex like some had before this patch

so just to be clear i wanted the gurus to know this is a NEW ISSUE that needs addressing
Message 39 of 54 (745 Views)

Re: Post Patch Lag

Hero
@PeopleMatterMore To be sure, yours is general lag and not the wall paper lag that got fixed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 54 (732 Views)