*Adjusted* Weapons need Crouched Recoil Reduction..

by hhnbbfggty66

Original Post

*Adjusted* Weapons need Crouched Recoil Reduction..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The weapons need crouched recoil reduction.

All first person shooter have this mechanic.

Crouched recoil reduction will help player to fire their weapons from a crouched non-moving position.

This will reward player for being non moving targets, which are easier to hit, and move slower.

Crouched player should be rewarded for loss of mobility.

Crouching can make up for this game lack of bipods.

Crouching should reduce recoil by 25%.

* -25% horizontal recoil 
* -10% vertical recoil 
* -10 hipfire spread

Crouching will help player to fire weapons with a lot of recoil, like the Flatline, Devotion, Havoc, Spitfire, Longbow, G7, and even R99.

This will add dept to gunfights.

Run and gun as aggressor or Sit and defend as defender.

Message 1 of 15 (2,609 Views)

Re: Weapons need Crouched Recoil Reduction..

★★★ Pro
@hhnbbfggty66 Yeah would be nice if there was some of that in the game since it's logical to have increased accuracy while kneeling since you're turning your body into a bipod of sorts, but I feel like it would be abused by campers too much and they're a nuisance as it is
Message 2 of 15 (2,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@PretzelnutcakeIt would help Gibraltar Players, and LMG users like me.

I love to shooting LMGs off of bipods with little to no recoil.
It is fun and a major part of all first person shooter.

and remember this recoil reduction will be can be used for all the guns.

Also respawn want to buff defensive play, that why they created Wattson.

Crouched-recoil reduction is another way to change the meta from purely ambushing with smgs.

Crouched-recoil reduction will give players another choice for fighting.

Instead of getting an R99 or Prowler to mow down everyone on the the map,

you would be able to sit tight in your position and defend your position with an LMG,

instead of having to R99 everyone.

This crouched recoil reduction would be sweet with the Havoc and Devotion.

And will give the Devotion a Medium range capability.

Message 3 of 15 (2,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Sounds really fun.  Slower games with Gibraltar using Spitfires from cliffs to outgun people with Longbows.  Wonder why no one has suggested this earlier.

I think they should allow you to go prone as well.  That fits EVEN BETTER with what has made Apex so popular.  Fast gunfights.

Message 4 of 15 (2,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@hhnbbfggty66My beef is that it just reinforces a camper's meta. Respawn did a good job with how they designed the buildings and windows to not give too many angles to defenders, and allow attackers to find angles through cracks on campers. That being said, I disagree with you for the same reasons I disagree with people who say moving should make your aim terrible. Just makes it so that campers have a REALLY big advantage in a medium to long range situation where someone gets an unlucky circle and has to engage. It basically says if you camp you don't have to shoot as well. With these severe reductions also, you could have a r301 or whatever that's just lvl 1's you didn't actually kill or take risks for and basically be on par with a decked out r-301 someone actually fought (or at least hit the jackpot) for, just because you crouched. Of course the good gun can crouch too and be a slightly more accurate laser, but that's not worth it. I like the idea of someone having an option in a gunfight where they clearly have better gear, but the meta that will be enforced isn't worth the strategic option. imo

Message 5 of 15 (2,523 Views)

★★★ Pro
@hhnbbfggty66 Values adjusted,
Message 6 of 15 (2,507 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@hhnbbthis is much more reasonable. Tbh I never realized crouching doesn't affect your aim.
Message 7 of 15 (2,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I love how crouch recoil reduction is brought up and instantly the camper whining begins.

You can crouch aim without having to camp, e.g quick repositions into a couple of crouched burst fires rinse and repeat. I like this idea, it would make bangalore potentially devastating with her speed buff under fire. People are already camping in droves regardless of this idea i really don't see it changing the gameplay in a negative way tbh.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 15 (2,453 Views)

Re: *Adjusted* Weapons need Crouched Recoil Reduction..

★ Guide
@hhnbbfggty66 Anything over a 15% reduction I could see being easily abused by..... ITS EVERYONES FAVORITE PLAYER..... campers. There might be a place for it but in short I don’t see much of a difference anyway while hip firing. I think it’s kinda a good thing for there being a penalty for players to not ads, it makes engagements have to be smart instead of reckless pushing or hiding and holding your trigger.
Message 9 of 15 (2,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@AnlbrdWhatever

I am just tired of mowing people down with a R99.

Its seems that we do is push with smgs and peacekeepers.

Sometimes I just want to sit back and load off a LMG from a cliff side.
And run into a shack to shoot some more out the window...

Whats wrong with that.

Sometime i just want to camp, It is a thrill and a challenge.

Playing defensive is kinda fun.

I have played over 3500+ games.
I am rank 415.

I am a veteran.
I have put in my time.
And I know what what this game needs to keep it fun.
And a little crouched recoil reduction will help with the super aggressive smg, shotgun spamming meta.

It will give us another way to play this game.

Because now, I am bored and tired.

I am tired of rushing people all the time, but as of current its the only way to play this game.

With in the last week I have migrated back to Battlefield 1 because It have more depth.

In bf1 I can lance someone from a horse, LMG a 250 round bipod, spam mortars, or shoot flame throwers from a Golden tank and much much more.

Oh yeah, riding war blip while shooting air planes as they fly then parachuting down to blow up a tank, then Hip fire Hellriegel 4-5 people in a row.. Mmmm mm goodness. Or playing as a russian woman on the side of a mountain sniping, and LMGing, as a tank and squads of men blow up the house I am camping, while I throw cocktails at them as they try to enter my house... good ole fun.

But for Apex I am tired.

I want something else to do besides R99 and R301 ing.

I want to do more than rushing people and third partying.

Yeah, I want to play defensive.

Nuff Said

Message 10 of 15 (2,419 Views)