by murk40

Original Post

Re: Titanfall 2 not launching

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Thanks, Ill tell you if it works
Message 21 of 55 (801 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok so heres the thing I can access and see DirectX on the diagnostic tool, but i cannot see any .dll files nor am I able to see any local files about directX

Message 22 of 55 (785 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Only this, this is how far I can go, no .dll files... (Sorry, this is in Portuguese)

Message 23 of 55 (784 Views)

Community Manager

@tiagocarrelhas 

No worries, thanks for looking into that for me. 

I read through the DxDiag you attached, and in the Diagnostics section I noticed some errors with Windows system files. It looks like a Windows .dll related to the auto-updater has been crashing. This may point toward some problems with some of the system files in Windows, and I'm wondering if that may be related to the issues you've been seeing with Titanfall 2. 

When you've got the chance could you try running the Windows System File Checker to test and see if that helps at all? For more info on how to run it check out the Microsoft support website. Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 24 of 55 (748 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Alright so here's the deal, I did as you said, I went my way and I ran  Windows System File Checker to test and see if that helps, I will now restart my pc and see the results!

Message 25 of 55 (726 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Alright, so I've restarted my pc and it didn't work, I've tried to run both origin and TTF2 as admin and to no avail. It doesnt appear to launch the game properly, since in the task manager it says that is consuming something about of 43% of my CPU but yet, no game, also tried to repair once more and did not work, hmmm... Am I doing something wrong?

Message 26 of 55 (723 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey! yeah i'm having the same problem when ever i try to start tf2 the play button clouds over the origin browser disappears then comes back.

Message 27 of 55 (694 Views)

Community Manager

@tiagocarrelhas 

Thanks for following up and letting me know!

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you try launching TF2? If there's something else running on the PC that might be preventing it from launching that may help to get around it. 

For more details on how you can set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know if that makes any difference for you. Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 28 of 55 (647 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Hey, well yeah, I'll do that, but I went on vacation with my family, I'll be back in 2 weeks I'll tell you then sorry about that...
Message 29 of 55 (602 Views)

Community Manager

@tiagocarrelhas 

No need for an apology! Enjoy your vacation and feel free to get back to me here when it's convenient for you. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 30 of 55 (583 Views)