Re: Can't Play the Sims 4 on my Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Can't Play the Sims 4 on my Mac

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have just bought the origin basic for the mac, and decided to buy the sims 4 for my mac but since the basic origins doesn't play sims 4 for mac I clicked the link for buy for a mac. I went through the screens and bought a bunch of expansions, game and stuff packs as bundles. Had them all installed but still can't play the game. The play button is greyed out/blurred, I have made sure to repair the game (like some of these answers have said), update the game (again I looked through some other answers), doen the Disk Utility stuff (was very confused through that as I'm not really a computer person), I don't have the icon in my Applications on my Finder, my computer is the most up to date that it could be, and can't seem to do anything to fix it myself. 

I hope I didn't just somehow bought the Origins version of the sims 4, is there no way to download it onto my desktop or finder or anything? Just really want to play the game I spend $200+ on for all the bells and whistles of it. 

Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 4 GB 133 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

RAM: 4 GB

According to Origin I have these "Installed:"

The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

The Sims 4 City Living

The Sims 4 Seasons

The Sims 4 Get to Work

The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat

The Sims 4 Spa Day

The Sims 4 Parenthood

The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

The Sims 4 Laundry Day

The Sims 4 My First Pets

Any help would be great.

Message 1 of 2 (268 Views)

Re: Can't Play the Sims 4 on my Mac

[ Edited ]

@artingitup

Origin Access is only available to Windows users. Unless you will also be playing in Windows then you have no need for it so may as well cancel the subscription.

To try and resolve this please run the Origin reset tool to get rid of all Origin files on your Mac - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Then go into your Applications folder and trash the Origin app. Empty the trash and restart your Mac. Now download Origin again and install it..

Please bear in mind that your Mac will most probably struggle to play the game plus all those packs. You have very low spec. graphics, a weak processor and 4Gb RAM. 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (248 Views)