Re: Slaghold from Bart Royale event resets

by verymir

Original Post

Slaghold from Bart Royale event resets

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The Slaghold decoration resets its timer when visiting friends and visiting KL. Not sure if it's noticed depending on how many times you access the game. I have put my 8 hr tasks to coincide with my collection of Slaghold. I have reported it. I may have to reschedule friend visits until a fix for this issue is resolved. If you need to test your Slaghold deco, I suggest let it time down for a few minutes and then visit friend screen and then do the same for KL visit.

Message 1 of 7 (865 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I am having this problem, too. But I don't think it's ONLY visits to neighbors and Krusty Land triggering the reset. I'm fairly sure mine has also reset at random. (Though also just now I tested a neighbor visit--timer had gone down to 7:47, then was reset to eight hours upon my return.) I think it's only actually paid me once since I bought it (Thursday). I even spent 4 donuts today just to see it pay... I hope EA addresses this (the Duff beers I ought to have been earning at a minimum... Plus my four donuts would be extra nice.)
Message 2 of 7 (819 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

By the way, I reported this to EA (via email because the only options were to be directed to THIS forum--thanks a lot--or email).  I chose "Bug Report," because that's what this is...  And I received THIS autoreply (from a no-reply address, so I cannot even respond to the totally unhelpful email):

Hello,

Thank you for reporting a The Simpsons: Tapped Out bug to EA Help. We review the reports and work with the game development team to identify and fix the bugs that occur most often for multiple players.

While we cannot reply to you on the status of this report, you can watch for future game updates containing information on bug fixes

If you need an immediate fix to continue playing a game, go back to EA Help and select a topic other than Report a bug.

You can find additional information on known issues, including potential workarounds, at EA Help and Answers HQ.

Regards,
The EA Help Team

NO!  This is completely unacceptable.  I shouldn't have to "go back to EA Help and select a topic other than Report a bug."  How incredibly USELESS and DISMISSIVE is this?!?!?!?!?!?

EA.  Fix this.

(And by the way, I have confirmed that this does not just happen if visiting neighbor Springfields or Krusty Land.  I have noticed that the timer on my Slaghold resets when I exit the game and re-enter it.)  

Message 3 of 7 (811 Views)

Hi All,

I've have no answer but I've heard of this from other people. I checked in my town and it is not happening so it's a random glitch.

Just sharing what I do know. I would guess a fix for this would need to come from the studio and not EA help. I'll see what I can do

to pass this information on. Good luck. Also thanks for the extra info about it impacting your game on enter and exit. 

J

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 4 of 7 (775 Views)

Update: Mine paid out cash and or XP today instead of beer.

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 5 of 7 (737 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've posted this at forums.ea.com, too, but will post here in case it helps:

The problem has not been resolved, and I think it may even have gotten worse. This morning, my Slaghold did not pay out, and yet the time was immediately at 7:59. I am certain that I did not just collect without realizing. I had not tapped on anything yet, and also I'd checked my count of Buzz beers before heading up to bed last night, and that number was unchanged. After a half hour of gameplay (without neighbor or KL visits), the time was STILL at 7:59.

Previously, I did report the issue via chat to customer service and was told the case had been passed along to the team responsible for identifying and fixing bugs.

[After having received the auto-reply I pasted above, I initiated a chat at EA help, referencing my original case number.)

Message 6 of 7 (713 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Update 2/3/2018:  Again this morning, I went to Slaghold before tapping anything.  No payout, and timer set as if it had just paid out.  After 30 minutes of gameplay, checked timer before and after neighbor visit--can confirm that this still results in timer reset to 7:59.

Message 7 of 7 (694 Views)