by Bhavikrox10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

settings not saving

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug When booting battlefront and changing my settings and loadouts, everytime I restart the game, everything is back to default settings. I have disable cloud saves and set for the games to run as administrator however, the issue still persists. This is very frustrating and I've seen others mention the problem but with no fix suggest. Please can you help with a solution to this?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Pseudo-Logic90
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 20/01/2021
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 20:00
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Happens when I boot the game, everything is reset to default.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't save my settings
What do you expect to see? Every setting and loadout back to default.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number 1060 6GB

Loadouts and settings do not save. I still have my account level and earned skill points but need to equip cards, skins, redo video settings and key bindings every time I launch the game without fail.

Message 1 of 5 (1,192 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: settings not saving

★★★ Novice

Have u tried this?

Go to:

Documents > Star Wars Battlefront II> Settings> ProfileOptions_profile (open with notepad) change your settings there for the options such as texture quality, shadow quality etc I have mine set to 0 as the lowest I believe 5 is the highest not sure though you may have to change a few times.

After changing your settings> save the file> right click it> properties> set to read-only> apply> ok> launch game

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,069 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

I only had the issue with the settings, not loadouts, but I was able to fix it by using GeForce Experience to optimize the settings, then set the settings file (I don't remember which one) to read-only.

Message 2 of 5 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have u tried this?

Go to:

Documents > Star Wars Battlefront II> Settings> ProfileOptions_profile (open with notepad) change your settings there for the options such as texture quality, shadow quality etc I have mine set to 0 as the lowest I believe 5 is the highest not sure though you may have to change a few times.

After changing your settings> save the file> right click it> properties> set to read-only> apply> ok> launch game

Message 3 of 5 (1,070 Views)

★ Novice

"Loadouts and settings do not save. I still have my account level and earned skill points but need to equip cards, skins, redo video settings and key bindings every time I launch the game without fail.", bro I have to this every time i open the game, any other solutions to fix this issue?

Message 4 of 5 (974 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (776 Views)