Re: Terrible lag on broken EASHL server, NHL20

by wadesworld

Original Post

Community Manager

@stano269 

Is it happening only in EASHL or do you experience lag in other modes as well?

Aljo.png
Message 11 of 17 (401 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo What is a "UO Trace?" I don't play any other modes except EASHL, so I can't provide feedback there. It definitely happens to all players on both teams, it is NOT and individual thing.

Please don't be telling the developers "we just quit before the puck drops and it's fine." That is NOT the case at all. Last night for our league games, We quit 7 different times, trying different people as host and even resorting to using a non-league club to play a league game to see if that help resolve the problem. Were were eventually able to get a session with good ping, but for both league games we had to quit and try again 7 times in total.

This is not a difficult issue for the dev team to re-create. All they have to do is play the game. It won't be long before they find themselves in an awful-ping, high stuttering game.
Message 12 of 17 (391 Views)

Community Manager

@wadesworld 

I'm not saying it's fine. I'm telling you this has worked for my own club when we've experienced the same issue. It's not something that will be resolved today so the best thing to do for now is to quit and search again.

A UO Trace tests your connection to our servers. I don't think that's necessary for this issue though. Since it's only on EASHL and when it happens, everyone experiences it. I've had the same thing happen. Once out of every 6 or 7 games. That's just been my experience. I'm not saying that everyone has the same experience. The best I can tell you is that we're aware it happens, but I don't have any other suggestions at this time.

Aljo.png
Message 13 of 17 (386 Views)

★★ Novice

It’s pretty hilarious that you keep trying to blame this on internet connections when it could not be more clear it’s on your guys’ servers. I don’t think I’ve ever seen EA take accountability for anything, instead just release the same title with new rosters year after year without fixing any bugs (glitch goals) and only adding things like new slow motion replays and expect to be praised. Plus the money spent on snoop dogg could have easily gone to producing a higher quality experience gameplay-wise. Oh and it’s not every 6-7 games it’s every game or 2. Why don’t you guys take the servers down for a day or 2 and actually figure out the problem, instead of trying to blame everyone else for it. 

Message 14 of 17 (355 Views)

Community Manager

@Chowwda 

We have definitely been accountable for issues in the past. We've made announcements about server outages or connection issues in general. That's not something we do until we're sure the problem is on our end. In this case, it's being investigated and doesn't look to be with your connection. It seems to be happening when on the eastern server. Since the server you end up on is determined by the people playing, you may not always end up on the same server. If your club is completely eastern based, you'll end up on the eastern server. If you have a club that is spread out with players in the west, central and east, you could end up on one of the other servers.

We're not trying to blame anyone's connection. We have to go through troubleshooting to rule out those issues though. I'm trying to help get this resolved. Not push the blame on anyone where it doesn't need to be.

Aljo.png
Message 15 of 17 (346 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for acknowledging that there is a problem and it is likely with a particular server.  That's progress.

Hoping the devs can narrow it down quickly.

Message 16 of 17 (340 Views)

Community Manager

@wadesworld 

Thanks for understanding. We definitely want you guys to be able to play as lag-free as possible. I'd love to get back to every game playing smoothly as well. It's a frustrating experience for sure.

Aljo.png
Message 17 of 17 (333 Views)