Betreff: Switching Screens

by starzandstripes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Switching Screens

★ Apprentice

I have been playing this game for a long while and everything worked well. Today out of the blue, my game play got very slow and choppy. The game would go from me playing on my character, backwards to the loading screen for about 5-10 seconds, then back to my character which was slow and choppy game play for about 5-10seconds, then back to the loading screen. It repeats itself. I have tried several general solutions and checked my own computer for any issues. Other games play fine without any issues and what's weird is SWTOR played fine, even  yesterday morning until the issue started.  The new update loaded fine but the problem still exists.  Anyone else experience this or something like it? Any advice on fixes?

Message 1 of 3 (304 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@starzandstripes

Did you try deleting the Bitraider folder, using the Launcher Repair Tool,  starting an repair in the Launcher, deleting the Diskcacharea?

Have you checked you Internet Security Software, System loads via Taskmanager? 

If all done, nothing out of the ordinary shows, pleas add the LauncherLog and an dxdiag.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (300 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@starzandstripes

Did you try deleting the Bitraider folder, using the Launcher Repair Tool,  starting an repair in the Launcher, deleting the Diskcacharea?

Have you checked you Internet Security Software, System loads via Taskmanager? 

If all done, nothing out of the ordinary shows, pleas add the LauncherLog and an dxdiag.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 2 of 3 (301 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here's the funny thing.  I tried everything you suggested and already ran the dxdiag a few days ago.  I didn't pay close attention and when I looked at it yesterday afternoon, I realized my display was off.  Somehow my video card wasn't being recognized.  I reinstalled the drivers and everything was fine.  Shame on me for not recognizing this sooner.   Frown     Thanks for the response though as your response would have led to the problems and eventual solution.

Message 3 of 3 (283 Views)