Re: PvZ Garden Warfare 2 multi play on PC

by EA_David

Original Post

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 multi play on PC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello Community, 

I like to play PvZ GW2 with my LOVELY son and the setup is this; two laptop and two purchase of PC version for each. Launched each on each laptop and add the other as a friend believing this should allow us to play together. 

I see my son in Origin launcher application in friend section. However, oddly, it shows there's no friend online (see the attached). Again, I seem to see the same in PvZ GW2 and when clicked "invite friends", gets "you don't have friend on Origin yet" and give me option to search. But we both are on! The both signed in and saw each other side by side.

Could anyone help us to play and to enjoy the game please? Otherwise, have to refund the game and to look for something else?

Many thanks

Kit

Message 1 of 4 (379 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Is your son on a child account? If so, his online access may be restricted: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/online-access-for-child-accounts/

So I'm understanding correctly, you see each other as friends outside the game without issue? If so, can you both try restarting with Clean Boots, then try again?

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

As a temporary workaround, if you both queue at the same time for a match, do you get into the same one?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The reboot does somehow resolve the problem and able to invite and to play. Many thanks for suggestion and a reply. 

Message 3 of 4 (347 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update. There may be a conflict with overlay software, such as Discord. You can try enabling any overlays you have as a test to see if that's a factor. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 4 (334 Views)