[PC] Game freezes at match start

by TubaCat2017

Original Post

[PC] Game freezes at match start

★★ Novice

Ever since the Genesis update my game has been freezing while queueing into a match (additionally, all audio cuts out and a hard restart of my PC is required to alleviate the issue).  Oddly enough this crash does not occur while in the firing range; however I am immediately subjected to dreadful stuttering and FPS drops while either in the range or in the menus.  Prior to the Genesis update the only issues I'd experienced with Apex were server disconnects and the occasional visual bug.

I have tried both old and new Radeon drivers (both WHQL assured), verified my game files, uninstalled and reinstalled on both Origin AND Steam, in addition to changing server regions...  Obviously, nothing has worked so far.

My specs are as follows:

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

CPU: Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 8GB (x2) @ 3200MHz

If anyone here has been experiencing similar crashes, I'd like to hear about it.

Message 1 of 7 (347 Views)

Re: [PC] Game freezes at match start

Community Manager

Hey @TubaCat2017

Before this happens are you seeing anything odd with your CPU or RAM usage? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 7 (310 Views)

★★ Novice

I will check on that, yes.

Message 3 of 7 (279 Views)

Community Manager

@TubaCat2017 

I appreciate it! Let me know what you find out when you've got the chance. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 7 (254 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Kent  Yes.  I reinstalled my game and I'm noticing that my CPU usage is spiking to 100% as I queue into the practice range/match.

Message 5 of 7 (229 Views)

★★ Novice

Also, the Firing Range is still extremely stuttery and the menus tend to freeze for a few seconds at a time.  When I tried to queue into Trios I was met with this lovely message:

20210717_211712.jpg

Message 6 of 7 (225 Views)

Community Manager

@TubaCat2017 

Yikes, that's definitely a scary error screen. 

Have you tried running the Windows System File Checker to see if it is able to find any issues? I'm wondering if there might be some missing or corrupted system files that are causing this to happen. 

If you can give that a try please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 7 (178 Views)