PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

★ Novice
  • We need Dxdiag, to see what Hardware and drivers you are using. - attached
  • What did you do just before the crash happen? - playing firestorm, it usually happens during intense firefights
  • Does it happen in all game modes? - Im mainly playing firestorm so i think only there. Happens in 1 / 10 battles so quite often...!
  • Does it always happen at the same action/place? No, sometimes in the beginning of game, sometimes during the very end. REALLY frustrating when you´re THIS close of that "V" and the game crashes..

Kind regards,

Filip

Message 191 of 487 (1,722 Views)

★★ Apprentice
  • What did you do just before the crash happen?

Just playing normally.
  • Does it happen in all game modes?

Yes
  • Does it always happen at the same action/place?

it seems that this happens when trying to preform actions. like pressing esc to go into the menu, trying to respawn, checking assignments etc. it's the transition from one screen to the other it seems to make the game crash. because this even happens in the menu and not always when i am playing.
Message 192 of 487 (1,706 Views)

Betreff: PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

★★★★★ Novice

The information we need: 

We need Dxdiag, to see what Hardware and drivers you are using. ATTACHED
What did you do just before the crash happen? INSTALLED FIRESTORM UPDATE, 
Does it happen in all game modes? MAINLY FIRESTORM
Does it always happen at the same action/place? RANDOM LAG, FRAME DROP, GAME CRASH

Message 193 of 487 (1,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

There is no way Dice do not have access to a PC that is exhibiting crashes with BF5, its so wide spread and is the same issue.
So I dont know why requests for info are being made, if dice are really bothered by this and literally have no other machines or way of replicating this, you can PM me and buy my 6mo old PC from me at todays cost price, AMD 2700x, MSI gaming X 1080ti, Asus 470x crosshair, 16GB Trident x Ram, ADATA 1tb NVME, NZXT x62 AIO, you can even buy my monitor for the same resolution (LC34J791WTUXEN)

Im in UK and ill buy another. you can have the newly installed OS with all latest drivers and updates with just BF5 installed as it currently is. It crashes to desktop guaranteed the first time you play about 15 mins in, then on 2nd load sometimes it plays a few matches sometimes not. Event system says KERNELBASE.dll error for BF5

Then you can diagnose until your hearts content and fix the issue. something says your not gonna though, and this is all kicking the can down the street until its no longer relevant and BF5 is no longer played.

P.S I'm serious about the offer to sell, this has gone on long enough with the developers playing the 'whats the issue we cant replicate it game'

Message 194 of 487 (1,510 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sadly I have to agree with you @B3ATTS .....

I also spent money on upgrading my machine, till I reached a moment, where there is nothing old and I still cannot run the game normally..

Kind Regards

Daniel

Message 195 of 487 (1,469 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi. I had similar problems on 6mths old pc. I7 8086K watercooled, 1080ti, 16GB Corsair RGB PRO DDR4, 2x NVMe m.2 Samsung 970 Evo, Nothing is overclocked. My games (Division2, BFV) were freezing and leaving to desktop without an error. I tried everything from opened threads but nothing worked. I found some errors in event viewer LiveKernelEvent 141 timed at game crashes. All my software and hardware is still under warranty so I contacted Microsoft / Asus / Corsair to try figure it out and it ended up to be bad DDR4 memory stick. I run tests Prime95 and memtest86 and it was giving me errors so next step was to test DDR individually and I found that one of them is bad. It's RMA'd and now all games works fine. Just to mention that after I built my PC I run all tests and all passed OK. and after 4months I started to have them problems where I blamed games to be broken. I'm not sure if all of you has the same fault but it's worth trying.
Message 196 of 487 (1,465 Views)

★ Guide

Here is what you asked for I believe Origin seems to start but goes no further than a little box in the middle of the screen.

Message 197 of 487 (1,462 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I can't even connect to origin or contact tech support,I really need answer, what is the problem?
Message 198 of 487 (1,444 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just to confirm, after a few weeks of using older 417.01 drivers i’ve had no CTD at all. I originally used drivers from 416.xx era and had 400hrs without an issue since purchasing the game, so I used a driver close to them, hence 417.01. My first experience of a CTD was after updating my drivers to 419.xx, which always pointed to KERNELBASE.DLL in event viewer which triggers a few seconds after “nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has recovered”. Every driver i’ve used returns this same .dll in event viewer after a CTD.

After using 417.01 issue free I tried the latest 425.37, i experienced 2 CTD in 3 hours. So, there is something about 419.xx onwards that’s causing it. Possibly even 418.xx but don’t have time to test those. But for me at least, 417.01 works flawlessly with no problems..... I hope this helps.

Message 199 of 487 (1,439 Views)

★★★ Novice
  • We need Dxdiag, to see what Hardware and drivers you are using.
  •  
  • What did you do just before the crash happen?
    • Firestrom lobby after a match, or loading to go into the game. Crashed 3 times today while loading or viewing the stats screen after firestrom. This happend before being able to deploy to the hanger.
  • Does it happen in all game modes?
    • Yes
  • Does it always happen at the same action/place?
    • Usually while loading the game to go into the hanger in firestrom. Or in the menu's
Message 200 of 487 (1,380 Views)