[PC]Can't Accelerate, Handbrake Stuck, Controller Doesn't Work

by StregKoden

Original Post

Re: Car won't get off the breakes.

★★ Apprentice

I just restarted the game and it was back to normal. But it's stupid that EA almost never answers this forum, and when they do it usually doesn't help...

Message 20 of 149 (12,890 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If you still have this problem unplug useles things like joystick ( you can keep your mouse, key.., head.. ) and retry, and if the problem still there try to make a clean boot, ther is how to : https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Message 21 of 149 (12,885 Views)

Re: NEED FOR SPEED WITH NO SPEED

★★ Novice

I also had the same problem, it started out as just the speed limited to around 60 and then it changed to accelerator stuck and no way to stop acceleration. Tried disconnecting every input device except the keyboard and mouse, and I even tried remapping to switch throttle for brake, which would seem to me to indicate that if it was a stuck controller or key it would make the brake stuck after the change. I don't think any remapping of controls is going to fix it.

Message 22 of 149 (13,267 Views)

★ Novice

I tried all of that, still not working.

The problem is still the same and I'm out of ideas.

It's just so sad how you wait for a game thats out on consoles for months, and you can't even drive. Srsly, thats poor.

Seems like ill let my order be refunded.

Message 23 of 149 (12,868 Views)

Re: Can't play NFS (PC) car holds handbrake(?) by itself, can't move.

★★ Novice

yea, I have the same problem as well.

Message 24 of 149 (13,219 Views)

NFS 2016- Cant turn right or accererate/reverse properly with keyboard.

★★ Novice

I have recently per-ordered Need for Speed 2016: Deluxe Edition for PC and I have also signed up for Origin Access as well to try out the trial version (and the 10% discount ;P).

I have the game installed on two different OS'es currently Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit and Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit. While playing on Windows 7 it seems that I am unable to turn the car to the right at all using my arrow keys or any other keys at all. The car turns left normally though and I can get to the first race no problem (minus alot of 360 left turns to steer right), and the right arrow works correctly in the menu screen(s).  I've never had this problem with any of the other NFS games on PC on any OS at all. Also I can't accelerate quickly with any keys at all as if the sensitivity is really low, but it can't be as keyboards (as far as I know) don't have settings for that. Also the game keeps defaulting to a Xbox One controller on start up, but I don't even own one.

Sadly I can't currently can't test the Windows 10 install do to some non-related issues affecting the entire OS, I'll have to try after re-installing Windows 10.

Other than that the game runs fine on Max settings at 2K resolution for me. ^_^

Also just curious, is there an option for adding custom controllers (not wheels) like a PS3 controller in-game, there's been an option in all the older NFS games, but I don't see one in NSF 2016.

Here's my specs if you need them:

CPU: i7-4790 (normal not the 4790k)

GPU: Ati Radeon HD 7970- Sapphire OC 3GB

RAM: 32GB of DDR3 at 2133 MHz

OS: Multi-install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (Fresh install for testing) and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Currently being re-installed)

Thank you for your help,

Jason

P.S.: NFS Underground 2 <- NSF 2016

XD

Message 25 of 149 (13,145 Views)

Re: NFS 2016- Cant turn right or accererate/reverse properly with keyboard.

★ Guide

I've noticed the same thing in Win. 7 HP SP1 x64. I think it has to do with holding the gas down and when you go to turn right, not letting off the gas at the right time, and the keyboard repeat rate is still registering the forward/gas button. I'll have to do some testing with the keyboard adjustments in control panel. If I figure anything out will reply with info.

Message 26 of 149 (13,133 Views)

Re: NFS 2016- Cant turn right or accererate/reverse properly with keyboard.

★★ Novice

Well it seems now that the game has been fully released these issues have been solved in an update for the game.

Now if you need me I'll be racing like it's 2004 again... XD

Message 27 of 149 (13,130 Views)

Can't get Rumblepad 2 to work

★★★ Newbie

I have used logitech profiler to configure the keyboard settings to the controller, everything is working but I can't accelerate or reverse. The car is always in permanent brake mode which I have no idea why[probably incompatability]. Any idea how to overcome this?

Message 28 of 149 (13,109 Views)

Re: NEED FOR SPEED WITH NO SPEED

★★★ Guide

did you restart the game after the change

Message 29 of 149 (13,150 Views)