Nhl 18 lag and delay

by Lusch82

Original Post

Re: Nhl 18 lag and delay

Community Manager

@Yllsten That is something you would need to speak with your ISP in relation to as we have no control over how they route your data to the game servers.

Darko.png
Message 71 of 81 (1,790 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah,

i see that now, when i got the right server IP. Thanks for help and sorry for my language and bad attitude. 

Thing is, it worked just fine, and then it stopped working. I think now they propably made some changes for routing table which is now causing this, my server ping most likely increased at the same.

Can you answer what the ping stands for in EASHL game when it shows 29ms. Is it between the players

within the team? Because it is not the connection to server. 

How is it build? 

That has been the big question mark to me

Because would i knew that, i could have asked the right questions from my ISP. 

If ping shows green and under 30 steady line and it's NOT the server ping,  i've been blaiming the wrong instance. But then again, i don't know what my teammates are using as a data line. So what i'm thinking is:

If my teammate is using mobiledata, which sends data to server and server gathers and sends that so called teamdata to both teams...and if my team mates data has much of jitter, so could it be, that my normal 65ms ping to gameserver cannot even up he's jittered data to me. 

Because if i'm having 65ms ping, and he has much of jitter, i'm going close to magical 100ms border line. And then it's just not working? 

Am i even close?

Can you explain how these connections work? Like in a nut shell?

Message 72 of 81 (1,780 Views)

★ Apprentice

No answer. 

Surprise.

Message 73 of 81 (1,748 Views)

Community Manager

@YllstenIf you do not tag me in the reply then it is very easy to overlook. 

Have you spoken with your ISP in regards to the issues you have been having?

Darko.png
Message 74 of 81 (1,718 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko

Yes, 

they said they cannot take steps to node's which are not owned by them, (IP 4.69....), registered US. 

It seems to be like problems starts, if someone in our teem has poor contact via mobiledata...

So that is the reason i would like to understand why it happens when it happens. And it would be helpfull, if you just would tell me, how it is build, who is sending data to who, is someone host etc..when the server is doing something? 

For me it looks like your server does not handle lag in a good way, if people are playing with un-stabile connection. But why they are not suffering, I am, even though i have stabile landline?

only in club mode

Message 75 of 81 (1,706 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko

So i don't think anymore this problem would be something which would be my ISP's fault. 

The only mode what is doing this is eashl club mode. Sometimes on HUT and versus too, but they are p2p, so opponents connection plays big role.

And not in any other game than EAConfused

So, your company should do it better. Simple as that. I hope, i don't suffer this in nhl19, otherwise i just move to other games..

Message 76 of 81 (1,699 Views)

Community Manager

It's your ISP job to get your data from your router to the game servers, they control how it is routed and sent and if it hits a troubled hop before it reaches the game servers then is something your ISP will need to fix. 

Darko.png
Message 77 of 81 (1,691 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko

Yes, 

but is lag because of my sending or receiving? 

and most games, ping 65ms is good result, why it is not in EA's game? 

And by 65ms i mean connection From Finland to Ireland to your server.

And why 65ms feels like 1000ms?

like running in the swamp...

And during the game, my ping shows 29ms...what that stands for?

So third time,

can you walk me through how this teamplay is build? Is someone hosting,  or are we all separately sending/receiving data to your server...? Or mixed both? 

in a nut shell..

Message 78 of 81 (1,684 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko

Now it's on HUT and 1vs1 too. 

You game is worthless, and your company just puts head on the bush. 

We saw it already in the LAS VEGAS tournament. You could not make bug free game even in there. With no internet in the middle!! Just LAN!! Shame on you. Way to go. Nice job. 

Would the game be without connectivity problems, you could have much more customers. But you don't want to pay the price to be good gaming company, just taking the incoming, nothing else. 

You just plan and put worhtless add-on's to new versions, but not fixing actual issues. 

And i have NONE issues with other companies products, only with yours. 

I'm done with the 18...i give a shot with 19, if that is as useless/bug game as this is, i'm done with your company games. 

And my ISP is all fine, you find the problem from your products. 

EA sports, lag is in the game. 

Message 79 of 81 (1,567 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been happening to me as well, 18ms ping and slow slow gameplay

Message 80 of 81 (1,504 Views)