NFS Payback continuously freezing

by bennyayache

Original Post

NFS Payback continuously freezing

★★ Newbie

Ever since I have brought the game it freezes continuously.
- It will freeze during a race and the timer still counts down.
- Freeze while driving around, I can still hear everything, move camera etc just car is frozen
- It will freeze and I need to hit start to reset it sometimes, other times I have to wait 2-5 mins.

Message 1 of 15 (4,315 Views)

Re: NFS Payback continuously freezing

★★ Novice
Why did you sell a game that was half * made I'm ready to return this * game......
Message 2 of 15 (4,054 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue games not even worth playing and a waste of 70 dollars. DO NOT BUY...
Message 3 of 15 (4,053 Views)

★★ Novice
Oh stop being a baby. The game works fine. I had no issues with the game since buying it a week ago. Nothing freezes. The races are not interrupted or lagging.
Message 4 of 15 (4,046 Views)

★★ Novice
Lol yet it's happening to other as consider yourself lucky so far. And don't cry when it starts happening to you...
Message 5 of 15 (4,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Chill they are working on it
Message 6 of 15 (4,034 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

is there a post made by them that they are working on it? 
It is pretty bad when my entire pc freeze and I have to do a hard reset. 

Message 7 of 15 (4,022 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

EA said it was a connectivity issue.

So this freezing bug only happens when you are connected to the internet. It might also have something to do with what version of the Xbox you have. I encountered several players having the same problem, and they all had the original Xbox One (not the newer versions, like the One S for instance).

So, the only fix for this to disconnect your Xbox One from internet, and/or putting it on offline mode.

Then the game will run very smoothly. But as soon as you connect to internet, the game will freeze again within minutes most of the time.

Message 8 of 15 (3,990 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Because your single game does not happen to freeze like many others, does not mean the problem isn't real. 

These things should NOT happen AT ALL. This was half-assed, just like the story.

Now I don't care if the story is good or not, I can look past that. But when I can't even START the game normally, then there's something wrong big time. AAA title, remember? 

Message 9 of 15 (3,989 Views)

★★ Guide

If you are asking why the game does not work or boot up, Please post your PC specs.  This helps people troubleshoot/look for an issue. 

Constant whining and complaining get you nowhere.  

Message 10 of 15 (3,982 Views)