NFS Heat DirectX Error

by MagentaEarthworm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Heat DirectX Error

★★★ Newbie

Hi Guys,

I just bought NeedForSpeed Heat and installed it. When i was trying to start it, it gave me this errormessage:

DirectX function

"m_output->FindClosestMatchingMode(&machMode,

&m_outputMode, mrenderer->getDxgiDevice())" failed with

DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE("The requested

functionality is not supported by the device or the driver,")

GPU:"Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB", Driver 44112

Can any1 pls help? I already tried to reinstall my driver and disabled the Fullscreensupport

Message 1 of 9 (9,754 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS Heat DirectX Error

★★★ Newbie

It worked to plug off my 2nd monitor, whitch wasnt connected via HDM.

With only my HDMI connected Monitor it worked just fine

Thanks @EA_Barry  for answering!

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (9,701 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@MagentaEarthworm 

Can you please try the following steps and let us know your results here, thanks.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Black-Screen-DirectX-Error/m-p/8181332#M447

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (9,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked to plug off my 2nd monitor, whitch wasnt connected via HDM.

With only my HDMI connected Monitor it worked just fine

Thanks @EA_Barry  for answering!

Message 3 of 9 (9,702 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Barry have the same problem, but the solutions doesnt work......
Message 4 of 9 (9,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same Issue with me too!

I have re-installed windows and all drivers, did a fresh install from disk. Reinstalled everything twice.

Still not solved. Laptop is just 1.5 months old. 

Very much frustrated.

ASUS TTUF A15

Ryzen 7-4800H

GTX 1660 Ti

Message 5 of 9 (5,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This problem has now happened on a 2080 Gigabyte Gaming OC and now on a EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra.

- Switching desktop to resolution from 4K to 1440p fixes and allows game to launch.

- Using (1440P)primary monitor on display port and putting 4K LG C9 TV as secondary screen also allows game to launch which you can then go into settings and set game to run on TV screen.

--This makes it so the max resolution you can choose is 1440p so no 4K which is very annoying.

Next is the dolby vision black screen/pink screen, I was hoping this was maybe bandwidth related issue but now that I am using HDMI 2.1 the problem is still there.

-running nvidia default color space enables dolby vision when HDR is on before screen would just go black and never come back now it flickered 5 times before going black and make PC unresponive.

-running any color space 4:4:4 10bit limited or RGB 10bit FULL causes pink screen with 3070 before with 2080 4:2:2 10bit cause pink screen while RGB 8bit FULL or 4:4:4 8bit limited caused dolby vision black screen.

How are these still problems? Very frustrating not being able to enjoy need for speed games on my OLED TV. Wouldn't a simple fix for this be a MENU Setting on which HDR to use Dolby vision, HDR 10, HDR10+ etc? How is it a simple fix to DXGI error is switch desktop res from 4k to 1440p and it is still not fixed yet?

Message 6 of 9 (5,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry Minha placa e a AMD RX 570 4 GB DRIVER 21.6.2 e ta dando o mesmo erro oque eu posso fazer ? me ajuda pfvr
Message 7 of 9 (4,416 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good day. I have the same problem with a 3070, i7 12th, 16 ram 3200mhz and m.2 of 500gb.

I already did all the steps it says and the error still persists.

I stay tuned thanks.

Message 8 of 9 (2,601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just created a new windows account and opened nfs heat there and everything worked just fine 

Message 9 of 9 (900 Views)