Re: My save got bricked Item Sync Error 40010000

by GrizzlyOne95

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Same here, tried restart the game, restart origin, restart computer, nothing works, getting this error all the time.And that makes me cannot use the Heat Studio feature

Message 11 of 25 (1,446 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same issue here.

I've tried deleting my cloud save, using a backed up save from an earlier state, and even a brand new save altogether.

NOTHING works.

I was wanting to play this game with some friends and now I'm unable to do that.

Message 12 of 25 (1,383 Views)

Message 13 of 25 (1,332 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having this issue aswell, I haven’t lost any of my stuff but it won’t let me go online what so ever. I can play offline just fine but it will not let me go online because of the sync error. I hope this gets fixed soon because I play with my friends on this game and I have a lot of fun with it 

Message 14 of 25 (1,207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue as me.. Was playing earlier saturday(11/23/2019) shut my ps4 into rest mode, no im getting the sync error... Nothing works.. 

Message 15 of 25 (1,132 Views)

★ Novice

I have the Same Problem 😫

Message 16 of 25 (1,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Welp chatted with support for over 2 hours, but to no avail... 

Message 17 of 25 (1,096 Views)

★★ Novice

I also had this issue. Spoke to multiple EA advisors. They provided me with pointless information and could not resolve this issue. I managed to find a way around it.

If prompted with this "Inventory sync error" message... DO NOT click yes. You will lose everything you spent so much time to unlock.

Simply, you need a friend to invite you who is already in a lobby... may take some time due to full lobbys but wait till someone leaves the lobby. Then accept the invite. You may notice all your cars are not there. Dont worry... close the application and restart it. Then go to solo mode. You should have all your cars. After this, quit to main menu then go online. Now, you will not get the message anymore and will still have all your cars whilst trying to play online.

I am on PS4 add me if you need help with this issue. I had the same issue... I understand the pain.

PSN ID: Z-_O-_B-_I-0_0-T

Message 18 of 25 (1,082 Views)

★★ Apprentice

For anybody on PC, I'd have your Documents folder in something like Dropbox or other cloud backup with file history. NFS randomly deletes the "1" save file out of your documents and replaces it with 1_tmp. This "tmp" file never actually saves or loads anything, basically resetting your progress. Everytime now I have it set so a notification pops up when the game deletes the file, then I quit and reload the file from right before it was deleted. It then will work for maybe 4 - 6 hours of gameplay until it does it again.

Message 19 of 25 (1,002 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Zobi-T-786 it doesn't work every time i get kicked in the middle of the loading screen
Message 20 of 25 (965 Views)