Re: Madden NFL 19 keeps crashing to desktop with no error

by JoshLovesYou401

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

@younever_know8 wrote:

This is the classic PC gaming complaint "hur dur why won't my 10 year old hardware run this modern AAA game".  Well, because you're using 10 year old hardware.

You can't expect everything under the sun to run on antiquated equipment and I don't think it's fair to slam the dev's for not supporting a legacy product. 

PC is amazing, but you have to be reasonable here.  There are many many many different hardware configurations and it might just be what you have 

was not created in mind with the software you are trying to run.  Them's the breaks.  If that doesn't work there is an easier more affordable option, it's called a console.

Not trying to be rude but honestly it's a good alternative if your PC is outdated and you don't want to shell out for the upgrade.

EDIT:  Also just wanted to add Barry gave you some possible solutions to your problem, there's not much else to be done sans reworking the Frostbite Engine and Madden's usage of it.  

(ie. not happening).

That's BS My game was running fine until I had to restore PC that's when I started having issues with madden the splash screen will load about 2 seconds then crash to desktop. I have repaired it,reboot same issue. I deleted it and where it gets to 23% I could play it. And I did for a few minutes then left it alone to finish installing. Crashed after complete install/ Oh,forgot to mention every other game I have will run and I get latest and greatest games for my 5 year old ALIENWARE.

Message 121 of 185 (2,431 Views)

★★★★ Novice

it's happening across platforms.  this suggests to me that it's an EA problem 

Message 122 of 185 (2,421 Views)

★★ Novice

It's Not just older PC's having this issue.  I have a custom built PC running Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit (Build 17134) with the following hardware specs:

• ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) Motherboard
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU
  • G.Skill F4-3200C16-8GTZR (2 x 8GB) DDR4 RAM
  • EVGA GTX 1080 Ti (FTW3 Hybrid) GPU
  • Samsung SSD (850 EVO 500GB) - Main OS drive
  • Samsung SSD (840 EVO 250GB) - Games drive
  • Western Digital Black Edition drive (932GB)
  • Corsair SSD (Force GT 112GB) -Games drive

Have the same issues as others have reported.  Game loads into the main menu and then crashes to desktop (Origin interface).  I've ran game repair numerous times and it must find issues because it repairs the game, but the same thing keeps happening over and over!  I get no errors either.  I also have NBA 2K19, FIFA 18, Battlefield 4 and 1, MXGP Pro, Monster Energy Supercross, and Tennis World Tour, and none of these games have this issue.  Notes:  Running the latest NVIDIA driver and my OS and bios are up to date.  This is the only game with this issue.  

Message 123 of 185 (2,285 Views)

★★ Novice
Come on EA this is inexcuseable, pathetic company we should probably sue you for this, somebody should probably get something going for this. We buy this and we can't even run this because of piracy software? X'D im getting the piracy version once it's released.
Message 124 of 185 (2,096 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Im always getting DirectX error and Black Screen. Only getting it with Madden19.

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG DirectX function 'DX11 Renderer::tryMap' failed
Message 125 of 185 (2,077 Views)

Community Manager

Can anyone affected by this issue please let us know if there is any change after today's update, thank you.

barry.png
Message 126 of 185 (2,000 Views)

★★ Novice

Still the same crashes just b4 kick off EA needs to sort this out taking peoples money for a game that does not work SHAME ON YOU EA

Message 127 of 185 (1,971 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, since I only have the game as of today I cannot tell you how it was before the update. But I do crash whenever I try to start a game from the menu with the game updated to its most recent version.

I don't know if before the update it crashed without ever showing the main menu.

I run a Phenom II XT1090 and can play other EA Frostbite games no problem, e.g. FIFA 19, Battlefield 1 and others. 

Message 128 of 185 (1,921 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried before and after the latest update (Thursday), same results.  Game starts up, go into menus, choose 'Exhibition', goes to the loading screen (spinning football) and eventually(10-20 seconds) crashes to desktop with no error.

-AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor 3.2GHz
-12288MB RAM

-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

-ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard

-Crucial SSD Hard Drive

I tried the Intel SSE fix, no luck.  Also tried reducing all graphics settings to minimum, no luck.  I request EA to please fix this issue, which I believe is a CPU issue with AMD Phenom chips.  Attached dxdiag in case it helps.

Message 129 of 185 (1,730 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am now being censored by this forum [Edit, no political comments please. - Admin.].  I posted my entire conversation with EA support (just to prove I am not lying or making untrue accusations against EA), in which the representative GUARANTEED me they have fixed 100% of cases like mine (crashing to desktop with no error at the 'loading' screen of an exhibition game) and that the fix would be emailed to me after the chat was closed.  My post mysteriously is removed within minutes.  I never received any steps from EA, merely received a notification a case was created and MARKED AS RESOLVED with zero resolution actually given.

In fact let me upload it as an attachment and see if this post gets removed as well...

Message 130 of 185 (1,700 Views)