Re: Low FPS and drops with i5-3570k and GTX 1070

by Rythes

Original Post

Low FPS and drops with i5-3570k and GTX 1070

★★★★★ Novice

Last I played  BF1 was around release and I had no problems back then. Recently I returned to play with couple of friend and I'm playing with 30-50 FPS on all maps, graphic options don't matter. And when I enter high intensity areas I experience substantial drops. In short the game is pretty much unplayable for me. 

I have no issues in other demanding games with the setup below.

Any and all advise are welcome, please help me fix this.

Specs: 

Intel i5 - 3570K OC'd 4.20GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

16GB 1600MHz dual channel RAMS

Windows 10 Pro x64

Installation on SSD

RivaTuner shows 30% GPU and 100% CPU utilization on 1080p and 100% resolution scale.

Message 1 of 5 (1,296 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Common problem i experience too with an Extreme CPU. Here is a few tips to get you started:

-Make sure the CPU is not hot (above 55 deg. celcius.).

-Make sure no other background apps running (virus scan, keyboard software, etc.)

a] run CCleaner and or Adwcleaner

-Make sure you have the latest NV drivers

-Make sure PysX run on GPU (NV Control pannel)

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (1,271 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
-I have been using 3570K for years and never saw it below 70 degrees while gaming excluding games that use below 50% of it.

-Background is clear

-Tried with latest drivers, and the two before that. Same result

-Changed PhysX from Auto to GPU, didn't have any effect
Message 3 of 5 (1,254 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Above 58deg. C. i always experience an increase of minor stutters but by default this does not cause the big FPS drops. When is the last time you cleaned the CPU cooler (and graphicscard coolers) and applied some new thermalpaste? Also you could run with an open case to see if the system acts better then it does now.

A certain amount of framedrops are normal in any game during a change in scenery but i hope for you something can be changed to help with the FPS drops or maybe an upgrade in CPU would be enough to keep you going for a few more years?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 4 of 5 (1,235 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Been couple weeks since I last cleaned inside the case and I reapplied thermal paste last year if I remember correct. The thing is BF1 is the only game I'm having problems. I don't think it's because of my hardware.
Message 5 of 5 (1,224 Views)