Internet * Out While Downloading SWTOR, Help!

by KridenTagg

Original Post

Internet * Out While Downloading SWTOR, Help!

★★★★ Novice

Good morning!

I have been very interested in playing SWTOR once again, however I need to re-download the game.  Every time I've tried to do this it basically * out my internet.  At some point during the download my other devices lose connection and SWTOR downloads (or verifies) at 512 KB per second.  I've tried looking around to see if there is a setting out of whack but I'm not computer savvy.  Any advice?  I'm able to download any other game just fine with no issues.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 2 (294 Views)

Re: Internet * Out While Downloading SWTOR, Help!

Hero

Make sure that swtor.exe and launcher.exe are on your anti-virus / firewall safe list.  After that, you can try the below:

1. Run the launcher and log in.
2. Open the task manager on your computer (shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
3. Select the Processes tab. On Windows 7, sort by image name and look for any starting with "br", they should be listed as belonging to Bitraider in the description column. In Windows 8.1, scroll down to the Background Processes and look for any Bitraider listings. Right click and end them. Don't worry if they come back.
4. Select the Services tab. In Windows 7, click on the button in the lower right corner that says Services. In 8.1, click the link at the bottom that says Open Services.
5. In the Services window, sort the list by the Name column, and look for BitRaider Mini-Support Service. Right click on it and select properties.
6. On the General tab, about halfway down, there should be a dropdown menu that says Startup type. Make sure it is set to "Automatic". Hit Apply the OK.
7. Close the Services window, the task manager, and the game launcher. Then restart the entire computer.
8. When computer has restarted, run the launcher and log in. The download process should now start properly.

The above steps are what I found on the swtor forums.  I take no credit for these as I did not create them.  Hope it works.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 2 (282 Views)