HOTAS support is abysmal and NONFUNCTIONAL

by Anaander

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

HOTAS support is abysmal and NONFUNCTIONAL

★★ Newbie

Does anyone from EA/Motive actually read these forums?

Two months in and HOTAS support is still completely broken for anyone with a less than off the shelf bog standard joystick/throttle/pedal setup.

Thrustmaster TPRs are completely unrecognized by the game, and before at least my stick/throttle showed up, since the latest update they're not even there anymore.

Directx input isn't difficult, the entire point is to make it easy on the developers to map available game controllers to inputs in games, how on EARTH did you mess this up this badly? Even at $24 this game is a frustrating mess.

Do I really have to install a 3rd party emulation joystick driver to play this game? If I wanted to do that I'd just go back and play x wing and tie fighter.

Message 1 of 2 (229 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HOTAS support is abysmal and NONFUNCTIONAL

★★ Guide
@Anaander I think you need to read my posts about how to get Hotas working. They've made big fixes in 3.0, but still you're limited to a 4 device limit on PC. What platform are you on?

If on pc, unplug everything but the joy, throttle and rudders and then go into the game and make sure that they are selected in that order.

Look at my profile and the posts I've made about this. It will fix it.

If on console, then I can't help.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (219 Views)

All Replies

Re: HOTAS support is abysmal and NONFUNCTIONAL

★★ Guide
@Anaander I think you need to read my posts about how to get Hotas working. They've made big fixes in 3.0, but still you're limited to a 4 device limit on PC. What platform are you on?

If on pc, unplug everything but the joy, throttle and rudders and then go into the game and make sure that they are selected in that order.

Look at my profile and the posts I've made about this. It will fix it.

If on console, then I can't help.
Message 2 of 2 (220 Views)