HDR Broken on Origin (PC) Fullscreen or Boarderless

by -SirParcival-TV

Original Post

Re: HDR Broken on Origin (PC) Fullscreen or Boarderless

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok so I tried two other DLSSg files and still no HDR, renaming it is the only ways to get HDR working.
The game has version 1.0.2, I tried 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 (found in today's Portal RTX update).

That's fine, no need for frame generation, the 4090 can handle 4K120 with ease anyway Standard smile

Message 31 of 35 (1,024 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After todays massive 9GB+ update the same problem persists.

Need to delete or rename 'nvngx_dlssg.dll' file to make HDR work on RTX 4000 cards.

I do not know what is causing this as other games seem to use DLSS3 FG with HDR just fine (ex Cyberpunk 2077).

At least make HDR work with DLSS3 FG disabled on the in-game settings if it can't work for some reason with it on. Now we need to fiddle with files :S

Message 32 of 35 (595 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nearly more than 4 months after release EA still can't provide working HDR for PC.
RTX 3080 here.

Message 33 of 35 (554 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same for 3070's too..

Message 34 of 35 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@h3llf1re2012 wrote:

Armed with the knowledge above, I've come up with a solution to the issue for those willing to sacrifice RTX 40 features to get working HDR (a fine trade off imo, but it's situational).

- Browse to the Need for Speed Unbound directory (eg C:\Program Files\EA Games\Need for Speed Unbound)

- Rename nvngx_dlssg.dll to anything else (eg nvngx_dlssg.dllX)

...this will have the effect of disabling the RTX 40 features, and also fix HDR. Of course renaming the file back will return the game to its original state.

Enjoy a much prettier looking game 40 Series fam Standard smile

EDIT: just to preempt the question, the DLSS upscaling and Reflex features should still work fine with this change,

Thank you so much for this fix. Not only did it fix HDR, it also took care of the VRAM leak I was seeing. Before applying the fix, the 24GB on the 4090 would fill up within one hour, and the game would start to stutter. Now, it's steady at around 12GB usage.

And to EA, please take a look at your DLSS 3 implementation, as it apparently has quite a few issues.

Message 35 of 35 (426 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help