BF1 BLACK SCREEN AND SPINNING CIRCLE. But no load

by Napalm_Facepalm

Original Post

Re: BF1 BLACK SCREEN AND SPINNING CIRCLE. But no load

★★ Novice
The worst part is I've done nothing to change my computer. Origin changed, updated the game, and now it's broken.
Message 11 of 27 (4,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here...

Message 12 of 27 (4,846 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's a game-side issue. Either the game is failing to reestablish a statistics/matchmaking/whatever server connection and fails to catch that or there's yet another Origin glitch. Recently it failed to connect to servers on startup, now it semi-randomly fails to keep working after a match.

Don't waste time reinstalling drivers and clean booting for THIS particular issue.

Message 13 of 27 (4,822 Views)

★★ Novice

Meanwhile, the few BF streamers I follow on Twitch have not had this issue.  If BF was more popular on Twitch you know this issue would have been fixed within hours.

Message 14 of 27 (4,817 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same, I uninstalled it didn't help. Only way to next game is press options when stats screen comes on. Easy to forget though. Please fix it soon it was strait after the last update this started around 10 days ago.

Message 15 of 27 (4,753 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For the time being I have solved this problem by turning off cloud sync in origin app. While I was starting the game, I was asked to choose one of the saving store which is either cloud sync in Origin or the one on my laptop. If you turn off the cloud sync in Origin app, then your computer will stay alone itself who stores all your progress. I assume that our problem was because with the last update our computer or the game couldn't reach the cloud sync of ours in Origin and it crashed, so we couldn't get through the new round. So I hope this will work for you as well...

Message 16 of 27 (4,614 Views)

★★★ Novice

..nothing of the suggest helped, EA and their latest update * this up, now listen EA. i‘ve got enough from you and your beta releases. I won‘t buy BF V until you stop to develop games after releasing a beta. Fix BF 1 asap, because you took money from me!

Message 17 of 27 (4,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same here. had reported the issue, no single word of any feedback. Tried all suggested solutions, INCLUDING CLEAN WINDOWS REINSTALL and installing BF1 from square one. Optic fibre 250 MB/s on my side, modem reset thousand times. My patience's reached the limits. I am going to claim money back. I'd rather play Settlers than ever buy a Dice game again or recommend it to anyone. Every update brings more problems than fun for which money has been paid.  
Why? With the black screen with infuriating rotating circle and no transition I am losing the long queued game continuity, the team, leadership and so on and Origin is asking me for the source of game data to save (used to be cloud-automatic- not any more). And not even a word "We are aware, we are working on the problem" but just itermediate solutions, which do not work. Totally fed up. Money back claim on my side pending soon for drop in the declared functionality of the product offered.

Message 18 of 27 (4,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

well it's been a while but the black screen/spinning white circle is back! None of the listed fixes work. It always happens after an update. GET IT SORTED OUT EA!

Message 19 of 27 (4,461 Views)

★ Novice

I found the strangest solution to this issue, Although I don't expect it will work for everyone. I discovered by accident that if you run BF4 (I sort of slipped with the mouse) you get an error of some sort (I did run them at the same time. but launch BF4 first then BF1). Just task kill BF4 and allow BF1 to load if it will. If not try to launch BF1 again. 

That's all I have

Elliot

Message 20 of 27 (4,250 Views)