"Sims 3 has stopped working" HELP

by LePenguin01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello! My Sims 3 game has been crashing after I downloaded the Late Night expansion pack. It crashes randomly or when I swich to another sim! Then I get a message saying, "The Sims 3 has stopped working". I have other expansion packs and have windows 8.

Please help, Thanks!

MORE INFO:

Application: Sims3 BuildTime: 2013-10-14-1107 BuildUser: slcbuilder BuildHost: SLC1-BUILD110 BuildConfig: Release BuldVersion: 0.2.0.205 Commandline: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe [System info] Computer name: DO YOU EVEN LIFT?Computer DNS name: PLS User name: YOLO EA_PLATFORM: Windows on X86 OS name: Windows Vista OS version number: 6.2.9200 OS service pack: Debugger present: no CPU count: 2 Processor type: x86 Processor level: 6 Processor revision: 10759 Memory load: 76% Total physical memory: 3986 Mb Available physical memory: 935 Mb Total page file memory: 6034 Mb Available page file memory: 1981 Mb Total virtual memory: 4095 Mb Free virtual memory: 2589 Mb

Message 1 of 17 (440 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Sims 3 has stopped working" HELP

★★★ Pro

Im sure this is your problem. The game is running on your intel card and you need to tell the game to accept the Nvidia card not intel. The game will not run on the intel card. We have had several people with this issue.

Follow what I told you about Nvidia control pannel with acceppting the TS3W file and putting Vsync on adaptive.

You may also need to change your game files to accept Nvidia card not intel. See instructions how to do this below

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/getting-the-game-to-recognize-your-card.html

View in thread

Message 13 of 17 (552 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

MORE INFO:

System Information

Time of this report: 6/17/2014, 14:29:59

Machine name: YOLO

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP ENVY 15-j171nr Notebook PC

BIOS: F.1A

Processor: Intel(R) Core™  i7-4700MQ @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 8096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4986MB RAM

Page File: 2574MB used, 2115MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

Message 2 of 17 (421 Views)

★★★ Pro

In general HP has a lot of issues with 8.1 per microsoft.  Besides that what kind of video card do you have and is it updated?

Message 3 of 17 (416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I dunno

Message 4 of 17 (414 Views)

★★★ Pro

But what kind of video card do you have?? AMD or Nvidia and what model number?

How many EP's do you have installed and which ones.

Message 5 of 17 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Its NVIDIA graphics and its updated

Message 6 of 17 (410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

EPS I have installed: Late Night / Pets / Seasons  

3 EP

Message 7 of 17 (406 Views)

★★★ Pro

Im still asking you what model Nvidia? For example my Nvidia card is the 770M

What anti vrius are you using?

What patch number do you have, check your launcher lower left had corner you should be at 1.67 patch.

If you have a newer card the game will not recognize the card. You for one have to turn Vsync to adpative on with this game. Nvida Conrtol Panel, 3d settiings scroll down to vertical sync and put it on adaptive.

You also have to get the Nvidia Control panel to accept the game file. In Nvidia control panel , go to computer C, to program files x86, to Origin Games file, to the sims 3 file, to the game file to the bin file. In the bin file you will find the TS3W file and you need to add that file to Nvidia Control panel.

Message 8 of 17 (388 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have no clue what the model is I just look on the box.

Antivirus i use is McAfee

Sims 3 is version 1.67

Message 9 of 17 (386 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

did you follow the instructions I posted above to make sure your Nvidia Control panel is sent to Vcync adptive and it is accepting the TS3Wfile?

And this game does require certian video cards some Nvidia cards work some do not. Do you have dual cards on your computer? If so is one of them intel?

Can you please post your Dxdiag. , to gather a dxdiag on your computer windows key+R key , type dxdiag in the run box , hit ok, save file to desktop and please post the whole report here.

Message 10 of 17 (378 Views)