Specs good enough for The Sims 4?

by plumblop

Original Post

Specs good enough for The Sims 4?

★★★ Newbie

I’m looking into buying a new laptop for the Sims 4 and wanted to know if these specs are good enough to play the base game along with various EPs, GPs and SPs, the game doesn’t necessarily have to run on ultra but I don’t want it to lag either. I also want to make sure my laptop of choice lasts throughout all of the patches and future DLC just in case I decide to add any newer packs in the future.

Processor: 8th Gen i7-8750H 

RAM: 8GB

Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

it has a 2-1 1TB hard drive with 16gb SSD included.

The newest pack that I currently have is Seasons I know that the above specs meet the recommended requirements for that pack, I’m just kind of skeptical of this processor in particular 

because it’s a mobile processor though I have seen some mention that they use it and it works fine.

What are your thoughts on this and do you think I will be able to run the game with these specifications?

Message 1 of 2 (274 Views)

Re: Specs good enough for The Sims 4?

Champion (Retired)

Those specs will work very well. Your skepsis about the processor probably comes from having heard of the U line (Ultra low power) where this is the H Line (High Performance Graphics).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (230 Views)