Sims 3 Hidden Springs & Monte Vista Won't install properly

by howlingwolf7227

Original Post

Sims 3 Hidden Springs & Monte Vista Won't install properly

★★★ Newbie

hi I got these games an I cant install them I got them on disc I don't no what to do can anyone help me please

Message 1 of 7 (894 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Hidden Springs & Monte Vista Won't install properly

Hero (Retired)

@howlingwolf7227 Is your computer a pc or mac? If I remember right the disc version was only an automated process to activate the download from the store purchase history. There was a patch for pc only. What is the version of your game? Does HS and MV show up in your purchase history?

Message 2 of 7 (883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a pc and I don't no I didn't think to check my purchase history as I thought the games was like a expansion pack

Message 3 of 7 (877 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@howlingwolf7227 In TS3 the towns are store items. Once installed the new towns will appear in the select towns drop down menu.

Message 4 of 7 (874 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I no that but the games won't install it says it has installed but I didn't even put in the code that comes with Sims games so how can it be installed in eyes its not so I'm stuck

Message 5 of 7 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@howlingwolf7227 Did you run the discs? Did you check your purchase history? Do the town's appear in the select towns drop down menu?

add: TS3 towns (HS and MV) are still tied to the old Sims store. You have to log in to the old thesims3.com and then check the store purchase history.

Message 6 of 7 (858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this same issue. While I was registering some of my other games it dawned on me that some of the codes I'd redeemed for the freebies were 16 digits (like MV and HS) instead of the 20 digits for game serial codes. I took  a stab and input the codes for the towns into the "redeem code" section of my Sims 3 Community account and it worked. You will then go into you purchase history and they will be there waiting for you to download :-)

Message 7 of 7 (833 Views)