Registering a Downloaded game?

by koalagray

Original Post

Registering a Downloaded game?

★★★ Novice

I recently purchased the Sims 3 Worlds Bundle on Sale (whoop whoop!) from the Sims 3 site. I got the email from Origin with my receipt and infomation and had no (apparent issues) downloading the games; besides Monte Vista downloading as an object instead of a World. Anyways; I was just wondering if and how to register games downloaded--both serial codes provided by Origin are not valid for registering a game; they're both four characters too short.

Thanks,

koalagray

Message 1 of 5 (201 Views)

Re: Registering a Downloaded game?

Hero (Retired)

Guide store worlds and how to redeem your codes on your the sims 3 account the world will not show up in your orign my games tab as they are store items  you will then  once you download and install your world they will be in the main menu+new game to select the world to play in you will still play from what ever game you normally play from

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/Guide-Sims-3-Store-Worlds/m-p/1589911#U1589911

Message 2 of 5 (193 Views)

Re: Sims 3 -- Registering a Downloaded game?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It would have made logical sense for the Sims website to be properly coordinated with Origin, to have automatically created the registration data in your player account.  The current hangup with Origin System is that "Activation" isn't working for a lot of games and gamers. Crinrict tells me that EA has never bothered to update the Sims game's own website in that manner.  That's too bad! 

Good luck! 

Message 3 of 5 (191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

By "player account", do you mean both Worlds should show up as purchased on the Origin "my Games" tab or the Sims 3 "My Page," sidebar on the left? Should I try playing in the worlds to see if that will prompt showing the purchases in either place?

EDIT: Just checked after installing Hidden Springs, both worlds are showing on my Sims 3 account page, but nothing on the Origin launcher.

Thanks,

koalagray

Message 4 of 5 (186 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@koalagray wrote:

By "player account", do you mean both Worlds should show up as purchased on the Origin "my Games" tab or the Sims 3 "My Page," sidebar on the left? Should I try playing in the worlds to see if that will prompt showing the purchases in either place?

EDIT: Just checked after installing Hidden Springs, both worlds are showing on my Sims 3 account page, but nothing on the Origin launcher.

Thanks,

koalagray

no worlds will not show up in the orign account (as they are a store item not a expansion or stuff pack)  downlaod them from your the sims 3 account the sims 3 launcher should launch and they will downlaod IF on th eother hand when you hit downlaod and orign opene dinstead the see if crins post here the second last one helps http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Origin-crashes-when-I-try-to-download-additional-content-that/m-...

Message 5 of 5 (181 Views)