How Can I get physical sims 3 games on origin?

by sbgiscool

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How Can I get physical sims 3 games on origin?

★ Apprentice

I have all of the expansion and stuff packs for the sims 3 ,plus the base game, but they are all physical disks is there anyway to get them on origin?

Message 1 of 5 (535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How Can I get physical sims 3 games on origin?

Hero (Retired)

@sbgiscool  Have you redeemed the codes that came with the physical version (disk)? If you redeemed the code an icon should be in the library of your Origin account. This will allow you to download the game and packs.Have you patched the game? The physical version installs SecuROM and SafeDisc as DRM. SecuROM limits the amount of times you can install  this game and SafeDisc requires you to have a disc in the optical drive to play. When you download and and run the latest game patch that will make Origin the DRM (you have to have Origin running to play) for DRM. Origin is like Steam. Once you patch there will no longer be a limit of installation and you will not need a disc to play. All your packs should be redeemed in the same Origin account. The change of DRM was Microsoft and Apply no longer support SecuROM and SafeDisc.  hth

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (484 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@sbgiscool  Do you have an Origin account? Did you ever activate the game?

Message 2 of 5 (531 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, I have an origin account

Message 3 of 5 (496 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sbgiscool  Have you redeemed the codes that came with the physical version (disk)? If you redeemed the code an icon should be in the library of your Origin account. This will allow you to download the game and packs.Have you patched the game? The physical version installs SecuROM and SafeDisc as DRM. SecuROM limits the amount of times you can install  this game and SafeDisc requires you to have a disc in the optical drive to play. When you download and and run the latest game patch that will make Origin the DRM (you have to have Origin running to play) for DRM. Origin is like Steam. Once you patch there will no longer be a limit of installation and you will not need a disc to play. All your packs should be redeemed in the same Origin account. The change of DRM was Microsoft and Apply no longer support SecuROM and SafeDisc.  hth

Message 4 of 5 (485 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks this helped!!

Message 5 of 5 (442 Views)