Transfer Legacy Saves to New Non-Legacy Computer

by Hannahart

Original Post

Transfer Legacy Saves to New Non-Legacy Computer

★ Apprentice

Can game saves created in the Sims 4 Legacy addition be transferred to a new computer with the newer version of Sims 4 (non-legacy)?

I have tried transferring game saves following the instructions from other forum posts. I opened the game on the new computer so that the new file folders would be created. I saved a copy of the entire old Sims 4 Legacy folder on an external flash drive. I deleted the contents of the saves and trays folders on the new computer and copied the legacy files from the old folders into the new folders of the same name. I do not use any mods, so I did not have any mods to transfer.

The transfers are partially successful, this is what I mean: The saves show on my new computer when I open the game, However they are much older versions, or much older saves. For example, the save that I most want to transfer and play loads the correct family, but the mother sim was an elder when playing on legacy, and after transferring the file she is back to an adult. The teen sim from the legacy save is reverted back to a toddler. I also recently added a basement on the legacy addition, when I open the transferred file the basement is gone, and the house is back to the configuration from before adding the basement. 

This game was created before the legacy addition update and continued to work fine after the update. 

In another example, I started a new game after the legacy update and when I transferred its save file it opened to an older save of a different game created before the legacy addition. 

I do not use any mods, so no mods could affect my game play or saves. 

Message 1 of 2 (191 Views)

Re: Transfer Legacy Saves to New Non-Legacy Computer

@Hannahart

Yes they should work fine but why have you kept all the other files from the Sims 4 Legacy Edition folder? Just the saves, Tray and Mod folders are relevant.

Are you running out of internal storage space on your new Mac so content is being pushed to iCloud Drive?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (187 Views)