Sims 4 disappearing expansion packs

by Hannah4furry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 disappearing expansion packs

★★★ Newbie

I have a bunch of mods, that upon starting the game causes all expansion packs to disappear. I have sorted through all of them individually, testing multiple folders, deleting all the mods that do not work in that particular folder. After a painstakingly long process of sorting through all my mods, I put all of the working mods back in and opened my game. And lo behold— none of the expansion packs were there, despite these being all the working ones. Miraculously my saves existed, but the game warned that some expansion packs were missing that the save needed. What should I do?

Message 1 of 4 (1,148 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 disappearing expansion packs

@Hannah4furry 

You need to go through your whole Mods folder and find the culprit(s) causing the issue.

- Move out your Mods folder to the desktop and trash the localthumbcache.package file. Start the game to check it will load then quit without saving.

- Move your CC back in in batches, loading the game after each batch to see if it still works. When it stops working you know there is dodgy CC in that last batch. Move out that batch and test each piece one by one until your game stops working again.

It's laborious but the only way to check all your CC.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,079 Views)

All Replies

@Hannah4furry

Does your game work properly without the Mods?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,141 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora Yes, my game works without all the mods
Message 3 of 4 (1,100 Views)

@Hannah4furry 

You need to go through your whole Mods folder and find the culprit(s) causing the issue.

- Move out your Mods folder to the desktop and trash the localthumbcache.package file. Start the game to check it will load then quit without saving.

- Move your CC back in in batches, loading the game after each batch to see if it still works. When it stops working you know there is dodgy CC in that last batch. Move out that batch and test each piece one by one until your game stops working again.

It's laborious but the only way to check all your CC.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,080 Views)