Re: Exception Raised Error

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Exception Raised Error

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I know that there are a lot of posts about this, but none of the solutions have worked for me. My Sims 3 Game was working completely fine, with all of my custom content and two expansion packs, until I downloaded Generations. Now, every time I try to play, my game crashes with the following error message. My Macbook Pro has all of the minimum requirements to play, and I definitely have enough RAM space. The problem could be with my custom content, but the game was working fine for two weeks with all of it. I also had a lot of issues trying to even download Generations as Origin was having a problem with it and had to update it. I am beyond frustrated with Origin, I have had nothing but problems since using it. 

Also, I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling Generations, and I received the warning message below. Could this have anything to do with it?

Message 1 of 2 (197 Views)

Re: Exception Raised Error

@Rachill123

The bottom picture is a non-issue. It is because your game is patched to a higher patch level than Generations is expecting, just ignore it and carry on if possible.

You say you have tried everything, does that include all of the following:

1. Open Documents > Electronic Arts and drag the Sims 3 folder to your desktop. Relaunch the game, create a Sim, move to a house and play for a good 20 minutes or so if you can. Is it now working?
  2. Play in windowed mode - when the game launches in full screen hold down CMD and press the Return/Enter key.
  3. Purging RAM before you launch the game and frequently during gameplay.
  4. If you have a post-2013 model Mac check whether it is listed in this thread and follow the workaround if necessary - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Mac...
  5. If you have recently uninstalled and re-installed the game did you make sure to get rid of every single file from the previous install? Just using the uninstaller is not enough.

If none of the above work please reply with the full specification of your Mac. If you do not know how to find this follow the instructions here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4756... Providing all the information about your Mac and game is essential. Just stating what operating system you're using or what year your Mac is doesn't help at all.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (178 Views)